Fund Accountant/Administrator with interest in the emerging Crypto Asset Market required to join the team at A4. Responsible for managing several Crypto Funds with different investment mandates. Handle investor applications and transactions, Unit Registers for the funds, Crypto Asset inventory management plus middle office verification. Take part in the development of smart automated procedures to streamline operations.
We are seeking a person with an accounting background in the finance industry with an interest in the changing landscape around blockchain technology. This is an opportunity for someone who would like to take part in a small, rapidly growing company that prides itself in making use of technology to maintain a competitive edge. This is a ground floor opportunity that could lead to rapid promotion towards a senior management role based on contribution to the enterprise.
Key areas of responsibility
- Process Crypto Asset trade data and Distributed Exchange data into our Crypto Assets Inventory Management System (the CAIMS) with reference to blockchain transactions to confirm balances.
- Process trade data to determing Profit and Loss each month resulting from Crypto trading.
- Transfer the CAIMS data to the Xero accouting system to mark the fund to market on either a weekly or monthly basis depending on the fund.
- Process Xero data plus transactions for the period in A4’s Unit Register software system.
- Liaise with the Trustee, investment Manager to confirm the status of the fund.
- Send period reports to Unitholders and Managers as required.
- Liaise with auditors and tax accountants as required, especially folloing the end of Financial Year.
Qualifications and Experience
- Formal training in Accounting and Finance with additional skills in Information Technology being an advantage.
- Microsoft 365 expertise, especially in core business products such as Excel, Word, and Powerpoint, is necessary.
- Experience with the Xero accounting system
- Finance industry knowledge, particularly in investment and fund performance, is an advantage