Planning Analyst (SO2)
- This position reports to the Sr. Manager Supply Chain Planning and is responsible for timely and accurate sales forecasting and inventory management.
- Work within cross functional teams to ensure goal alignment, ease of process, profitability, and ultimate customer satisfaction.
- Manage BDA inventory per set targets for the following inventory metrics: Key Driver In stock %, Active Item in stock %, Program Turn Targets, WOS, SKU count, and Mark Down %.
- Actively partner with BDA preferred vendors to identify and execute opportunities to speed BDA inventory turns through lead-time reduction, scheduled shipments, vendor managed inventory (VMI) etc.
- Identification of vendors or SKU’s where cogs reduction potential exists via negotiation or resourcing of product deeper into supply chain increasing BDA profitability.
- Provide statistical analysis and reports to management and other internal partners.
- Partner closely with buyer to ensure POs are placed timely and managed to meet needed delivery time.
- Develop positive working relationships with vendors to ensure receipt of high quality, defect free products at aggressively negotiated prices.
- Monitor product specification and purchasing requirements for completeness and adherence to BDA procurement standards, policies, and strategic goals. Ensure that all BDA requirements and special terms and conditions are met.
- Minimum of 1-3 years purchasing or inventory management experience.
- Knowledge of demand forecasting, total cost analysis, and supply chain management fundamentals.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills utilizing MS Office Software.
- Strong tactical negotiation skills
Job Skills & Traits
- The individual in this position must be resourceful, self-starting, and assertive in the ownership of their responsibilities, always protecting the interests of the company while simultaneously developing and maintaining excellent working partnerships with the managers, employees, and vendors with whom they must work in order to be successful.
- Team player with experience working in a cross-functional environment.
- Professional demeanor, good judgment, common sense, and a passion for details.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and show initiative.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to evaluate situations, identify core issues, fact-find, and promote thoughtful business solutions.
- Good organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize workload, multi-task, and to adapt to frequently changing priorities and critical deadlines.