Unified Communications Specialist
Job Family: Business Operations
Summary of Responsibilities:
The UC Specialist manages and maintains the IVR, contact center and back office communications environments. The primary areas of responsibility are voice, collaboration, presence, SMS, chat, IM and other related communications channels. The UC specialist will monitor, troubleshoot, design, configure and implement changes within their area of responsibility. This role requires direct mentorship and coaching of other team members as well as strong collaboration with internal customers and inter-departmental teams. Daily operations include moves, adds and changes of users’ accounts, maintaining accurate records and documentation where appropriate and responding to users requests within company guidelines policies and best practices. Other duties consist of projects in support of organizational goals and the needs of the business as they arise. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and entrepreneurial. Responsibility and ownership are at the center of our culture as well as the desire for continuous improvement.
- Implements departmental initiatives for both front and back end operations
- Support daily contact center telephony routing, scripting and strategy
- Analyzes and identifies areas of improvement for both front and back end operations
- Shares recommendations for areas of improvement with team and management; implements operational efficiencies as determined
- Trains and assists junior level staff as needed
- Works with business units to develop solutions as needed
- Document solutions and process as needed
- Provides reports to management or business units
- Resolves day to day operations and escalates any issues to management as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- Unified Communications (voice, IM, presence, collaboration, back office and contact center)
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing, maintaining or operating Contact Center technologies
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization, mindful of the culture and diversity of the audience
- Ability to make effective decision making on complex matters
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding
- Demonstrated conflict management and resolutions skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Access
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.