Senior Information Security Compliance Analyst
Job Family: Information Technology
Designs, analyzes and supports the company's information technology structure, systems and processes. Acquires, designs, implements and operates the company's information technology resources (e.g., computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software applications, data, databases, etc.). Deploys, acquires, maintains and ensures security of information technology assets. Plans and tests processes to ensure compliance with system requirements, business objectives, security standards and other technical requirements.
Job Function: Information Security
Develops, manages and operates security services that assess, prioritize and mitigate information security and technology risk. Includes cyber security threat services, access management services and technology risk assessments. Designs network security perimeter architecture and relevant security controls. Reviews internal and external IT projects and applications for risk and adherence to security policies and industry best practices. Participates on internal security project teams to deploy security technologies and to make recommendations for hardware/software products for future release. Liaises with vendors for various security infrastructure-related products and services.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Associate, Information Security designs implements and monitors Financial/Accounting/Operational processes. The incumbent is responsible for policy compliance and detecting threats and vulnerabilities in target systems, networks, and applications by conducting systems, network and web vulnerability assessment / security testing. The Consultant, Information Security identifies the security flaws and weaknesses in the systems that can be exploited to cause business risk, and provides crucial insights into the most pressing issues, suggesting how to prioritize security resources.
- Conducts Policy Compliance against infrastructure servers and ensuring server hardening guides and policies are aligned to CIS control framework.
- Working experience in Endpoint compliance, network device (firewall, router & switch) compliance, Enterprise threat & vulnerability management.
- Update process and procedure document to enable effective Compliance management program
- Reduce risk posture of the environment by conducting regular security gap analysis
- Conducts Penetration Testing (e.g., internal, external, wireless, physical, social, etc.); Post vulnerability assessment, work with various stakeholders to provide remediation to the identified risks and bring the same to closure.
- Conducts walk-through of the assessment report to the stakeholders and help define remediation plan.
- Follows a standard methodology to identify and/or detect threats to the IT infrastructure, applications and other information assets.
- Works with various teams to follow a pre-assessment plan/ and assessment schedule for every assessment, conduct threat assessment, and deliver an assessment report.
- Performs technical security assessments (e.g., Windows, UNIX, firewalls, routers, oracle, SQL server, etc.).
- Conducts vulnerability assessment on the target IT Infrastructure, applications and related information assets.
- Directs managers and a senior technical team to deliver security change in a global organization
- Provides direction and act as an escalation point on projects and issues to other team members
- Interacts with partners as needed to explain work product, security techniques, methodology and results to ensure appropriate business value
- Acts as senior resource for incident response related activities. Collaborate with technical teams for security incident remediation and communication.
- Acts as influencer of peers and management.
- Provides technical security consulting support to address complex business and technology projects and requests.
- Contributes to strategic planning to evaluate, deploy or update security technologies.
- Analyzes and implements security solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Conducts risk assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of existing controls and determine the impact of proposed changes to business processes, applications and systems.
- Promotes cross-department collaboration and communication to ensure appropriate processes, procedures and tools are installed, monitored, and effectively operating and alerting
- Allocates and prioritizes security resources efficiently within the organization managing both resources and budgets
- Conducts security research on threats and remediation methods.
- Develops and maintains a set of operational and forward looking security metrics
- Conducts proof of concepts, vendor comparisons and recommend solutions in line with business requirements
- Oversees daily monitoring of security reports to identify issues and follow these issues to resolution
- Oversees security projects and the security testing of new and existing applications.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends; presents reporting for management review.
- Creates process improvement by identifying inefficiencies and solutions for process improvements.
- Guides and confirms that the design has been implemented as per the requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other Information Security associates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Recognized industry certification and/or continuing education programs are a major plus including CISSP, GEVA, AWS, CRISC, CEH, etc.
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience -
- 5-9 years in field or similar industry.
- Experience in information security, governance, IT audit, or risk management.
- SAS experience.
- Skills & Abilities -
- Strong working knowledge with Qualys (preferably), or other tools such as Rapid 7/Imperva/Nessus/etc.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods
- Experience planning, researching and developing security strategies, standards, and procedures
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Strong understanding of security, incident response and/or networking/PC concepts
- Familiarity with CIS, NIST, STIGS standards & guidelines, ITIL framework and Change Management
- Proven ability to understand and analyze complex issues, then apply experience and judgment to develop sound recommendations especially as related to malware, eDiscovery, current threats/attacks and/or vulnerability management
- Ability to communicate concisely, effectively and directly to executive management
- Proven relationship building skills working with mid to senior level management and cross-functional teams; understands risks; additional focus on leadership; strong interpersonal skills; delivers precise, accurate results to meet commitments; mentors other team members
- Demonstrated presentation development; tailors’ message as needed; comfortable presenting to all levels; strong writing skills; demonstrates creativity in articulating messages that support recommendations
- Strong knowledge of MIS reporting structures.
- Understands Risk Management needs and designs new solutions based detailed analysis and validation.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word; Excel) and PowerPoint
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in "Good Standing"
Please click here to see the full policy- https://tbcdn.talentbrew.com/company/1771/internal_v2_0/img/eligibility.pdf
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.