Specialist, Complaints Management
- Provides written response to regulatory and consumer agency complaints
- Analyze complaints for source, problem type and complexity, categorize for level of needed investigation and coordination with the business to resolve
- Evaluates account history, including notes and phone calls to ensure consistent practices in accordance with policies, procedures and all state/federal laws
- Partners with servicing and support departments to identify root cause of issues and solutions to escalated complaints
- Ability to utilize tools and resources effectively to work with minimal guidance
- Demonstrates strong time management skills to prioritize case load
- Delivers and manages quality customer service experience during the complaint resolution process
- Displays skills important to our Customer Experience through actively collaborating, truly listening, showing respect, and keeping promises
- Cross train in multiple departments and disciplines to increase overall knowledge and allow for quicker complaint resolutions
- The ability to identify defects or errors in process or procedures and provide feedback and appropriate solutions to manager regarding recurring trends for process improvement
- Builds effective relationships with business to resolve customer issues
- Attends meetings with other departments to maintain a working knowledge of their current process and potential struggles
- Calibrates with peers and management on previous resolutions to ensure accuracy and consistency of handling and process
- Continuously evaluates and enhances workflow to implement best practices
- Maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of all systems, policies and procedures
- Performs training with new hires and with existing associates
- Ability to take on additional projects and responsibilities on behalf of Executive Office
- May perform other Executive Office functions as needed
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required
- Five (5) – seven (7) years of experience in a Servicing/Originations role (auto financing preferred), or related experience required; or has proven they can excel in all Essential Functions
- Experience in successfully addressing urgent high risk customer situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation and closing skills a must
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Overtime work may be required throughout the year
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be able to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.