Sr Associate Data Platforms
The Sr. Associate, Data Platforms is responsible for designing application hosting solutions and partnering with data engineering, infrastructure, reporting and application development teams for rollout of projects. In addition, the Sr. Associate engages in the solution proposal process which involves researching and finding the appropriate technology, educating, and creating the approach to implement new technology
- Coordinate with Project Management, data engineering, database administration and reporting teams on data flows and data configuration changes in the supported platforms – SQL Server, Tableau, SSRS, SAS
- Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies both on premise and cloud environments and their associated services
- Interact with infrastructure teams for compute, storage and cloud needs
- Experience in working with 3rd party/vendors to manage licenses and upgrade projects for various software and hardware products.
- Experience in managing SQL Server, Storage, Network capacities for data storage.
- Support installations, upgrades, technical releases, configuration and troubleshooting for systems
- Contributes to the improvement of process, procedures and protocols to support governance and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Capacity planning across all data platforms technologies and infrastructure
- Participate in an on-call rotation which requires after hours and weekend coverage
- Acts as an escalation point in conjunction with the assigned Project Manager for any deployment issues or escalations.
- Exercise forethought to avoid project issues, work to resolve issues independently or escalate as appropriate
- Exercise appropriate caution and testing before performing production changes.
- Coordinates the standardization of platforms and interfacing of systems among regional computer centers while maintaining responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of data platforms which facilitate the support of department success.
- Ensure data warehouse and reporting teams have consistent support and visibility into the health of the applications and systems. Identifies potential issues and trends and takes corrective action.
- Defines best practices and standards and ensures that they are applied consistently by team members
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or AZURE with hands on cloud knowledge on compute, storage, data security
- Experience supporting modern data platforms using cloud native technologies
- Routine administration, monitoring maintenance and tuning of SAS platform
- Experience with SAS Platform performance tuning and developing SAS architecture solutions
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving SAS platform issues.
- Perform new installations & upgrades as needed and apply hot fixes.
- Manage Tableau Server environments (single node/multi-node clusters)
- Hands on experience as a BI application administrator performing installation, upgrading, monitoring, debugging, tuning and capacity planning
- Experience with Tableau administration with a strong understanding of Tableau architecture
- Experience in scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- May assist in other related departments as required by business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or natural sciences preferred.
- Minimum 5 years development & administration experience with Informatica suite, SQL Server or other relational databases.
- Experience with SSRS, SAS, Tableau administration, and storage & network management preferred
- Nice to have skills in managing big data & other market leading technologies.
- Able to provide training and mentorship to technical staff of 5-10+ developers.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to lead multiple complex projects and communicate clearly with leaders and team members.
- Must coordinate projects with Project Management.
- Effective bridge builder among business and IT teams.
- High capacity for learning.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ability to handle fast-paced environment.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in "Good Standing"
Please click here to see the full policy - http://thesource.sov.gs.corp/assets/Internal-Recruitment-Guidelines.pdf