Customer Assistance Account Specialist
Job Family Description:
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
Job Function Description:
We are currently seeking Customer Assistance Account Specialists to join our team. The main focus of this role is to evaluate a customer’s account for all possible assistance tools in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance and internal policy and procedures.
- Probes customer to determine root cause of account delinquency and offers appropriate or applicable assistance tools.
- Effectively communicates how assistance programs work and any potential impact to customer and account.
- Collects in accordance with all state and federal laws inclusive of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Analyzes loan history and determines the best course of action for the customer in resolving the problem permanently.
- Successfully utilizes all collection tools provided by management, including, but not limited to, extensions, maturity and hardship modifications, to make the best business decision for Santander Consumer USA Inc. and the customer.
- Has authority to independently negotiate with the customer on Auto Loan Modifications and extensions within company guidelines.
- Performs additional duties as requested, needed, or assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1+ years of relative experience.
- Broad knowledge of collection policies and procedures and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Broad understanding of the collections practices and procedures.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and acceptance of change in a dynamic financial environment.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Accurate data entry, typing and ten-key skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain poise under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong negotiation skills.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.