Sr. Specialist, Pricing
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support the Decision Science organization in the analysis of origination and portfolio statistics and the development of proactive strategies that assist in mitigating risk exposure.
- Uses a proprietary model to calculate the profitability of various business segments and to run scenarios analyzing the tradeoffs between risk and return.
- Maintains and enhances the profit model to make it more robust, dynamic and more reflective of the current operating environment and conditions.
- Begins to delegate to a team of pricing analysts and ensures that projects are prioritized and deadlines consistently met.
- Develops ways to incorporate new delinquency curves, loss curves, prepayment curves, deferment curves and findings from a cost study into the model in order to enhance its accuracy and usability.
- Designs new pricing approaches and programs to reflect the unique needs of each market and to protect against margin deterioration in a rising cost of funds environment.
- Analyzes the tradeoff between pricing and volume and how this relationship impacts overall profits and corporate strategies.
- Proposes new pricing strategies and develop appropriate programs to help the company grow orientation in the most profitable and efficient manner.
- Analyzes origination and portfolio statistics to identify pockets of risk or opportunity and develops proactive strategies that assist in mitigating risk exposure or exploiting profit potential.
- Expected independent production of pricing, credit policy, and return objective recommendations by market for future originations, with increasing exposure to upper management.
- Provide assistance as a mentor for less experience analysts.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Math, Economics or Business required; MBA preferred.
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years of work experience in a similar analytical role required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cash flow modeling, delinquency and loss modeling, activity based cost accounting, credit scoring and risk based pricing concepts; auto finance.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and data mining tools such as Access, SQL, or SAS.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply complex financial and modeling principles.
- Display strong quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Creative problem solver.
- Organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks/deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact collaboratively with internal customers.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to get results.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as function within a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
Employer's Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.