Sr. Specialist, Credit
Job Family: Business Operations
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
Job Function: Auto Loan & Lease Originations
Accountable for the management of the Consumer Loan and Lease Originations process from application review through funding. Ensures adherence to internal policy and external regulations. Supports respectful applicant and dealer experiences throughout originations process.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Specialist, Credit is responsible for reviewing and analyzing credit information as well as risk analysis on auto loan requests. S/he has has credit authority within operation guidelines and manages a list of assigned dealers.
- Reviews and analyzes credit information as well as risk analysis on auto loan requests.
- Handle escalations from credit specialist on originations that exceeds a single Policy Limit up to the Policy Limit Cap, without a compensating factor
- Handle escalations from credit specialist on originations that exceeds multiple (2 or more) Policy Limits up to the Policy Limit Cap
- Handle Escalations from credit specialist on originations that exceeds one or more Policy Limit Caps
- Leads on all manual credit reports such as New Jersey report, CPN report, Old Age report, FPSC.
- Handle escalating cases calls from credit specialist and assigned escalations from managers (CARS and Credit)
- Foster relationships with sales and funding to align regional focus, identify dealer growth opportunities, and build relationship strength
- Assist in assigning queue coverage and daily monitoring of reports to ensure SLAs are met
- Promotes team initiatives and supports mgr. to embrace change
- Meets monthly application and funding volume goals within assigned portfolio.
- Makes suggestions to improve operations and documentation.
- Acts as a SME for coworkers and employees from other units.
- Follows up with dealers on pending contracts.
- Assists in system enhancements.
- Troubleshoots system defects.
- Participates in special projects and tasks as assigned
- Mentor credit specialist on policy, procedures, and process changes
- Handle all side by side training from other department and VIP guest
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent degree.
- or equivalent work experience: Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience -
- 3-5 years Prior experience in Financial Services industry with an emphasis on indirect lending required.
- 3-5 years Sales experience preferred.
- Skills & Abilities -
- Demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines per client demands and ability to change work schedule to accommodate competing priorities.
- Strong consumer credit knowledge and basic advisory credit knowledge.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong client Service skills.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization, mindful of the culture and diversity of the audience.
- Ability to adapt to and prioritize in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Strong learning and inquisitive skill set.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate instructions to others, summarize and articulate issues, and document findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to convey a sense or urgency and drive.
- Ability to build and foster internal and external relationships.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.