Incident Management Associate
The Incident Management Associate is a subject matter expert who analyzes existing complex programs and formulates logic for complex internal systems. S/he prepares flowcharts, performs coding, and tests/debugs programs. The incumbent develops conversion and system implementation plans and utilizes their expertise to recommend changes to development, maintenance, and system standards.
- Provide Incident Management response and coordination with support teams and external vendors causing extensive or significant impact on business operations.
- Ability to quickly define, document and engage necessary responders for the issue by remaining focused and coordinate resources to help drive event resolution.
- Attention to detail and documentation skills are necessary for after-action activities including post-mortem details and reporting.
- Provide continuous service improvements to help identify areas of opportunity including job aids and procedural information.
- Requires on-call rotation and respond after hours with predefined schedule.
- Drives process execution quality with KPI as measurements, ensures clear transparency and monitors and reports results.
- Coordinates efforts among the infrastructure and client teams to judge possible business impact and trigger necessary escalation.
- Works to remove roadblocks that prevent Ops from working most effectively.
- Communicates technical information to wider audiences with periodic updates.
- Partners with change management team to ensure modifications and improvements made to the environment are executed in a safe, validated, and fully understood manner.
- Participates within post mortem investigations and provides review and resolution suggestions for both internal and external customer consumption.
- Monitors, analyzes and recommends solutions to performance problems with enterprise business applications.
- Bachelor's Degree: in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent field or equivalent work experience
- 5-9 years Successful experience in building Technology Infrastructure and Operational environments.
- Project planning and management experience.
Skills & Abilities –
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate complex concepts – in speaking and writing –with team members and all levels of technical and nontechnical customer stakeholders
- Ability to create diagrams, policies, procedures, presentations, etc., as needed for day-to-day management as well as read blueprints/schematics, etc. as needed for planning/issue remediation
- Familiarity of industry change management best practices
- Enriching interpersonal skills
- Highly self motivated and self-directed
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, quality, and follow-through; commitment to continuous improvement and the elimination of performance variability
- Ability to think analytically and independently, providing the thought leadership necessary to introduce incremental and evolutionary change
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements with a flexible and creative approach to brainstorming, troubleshooting, and problem solving
- Well-rounded and advanced knowledge and skills across networks, servers, databases, cloud services, security, and other related disciplines
- Knowledge of systems architectures and information security practices
- Ability to work under high pressure situations calmly
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, is comfortable with ambiguity
- Clear leadership and capability to take fact based hard decisions when required, and ensure stakeholder alignment and clear communications
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in "Good Standing"
Please click here to see the full policy - http://thesource.sov.gs.corp/assets/Internal-Recruitment-Guidelines.pdf