General Ledger Technical Administrator
- Job Family: Finance
The Finance organization is responsible for leading and participating in a number of critical functions including: supporting executive management decisions making by analyzing results, assessing strategic alternatives and developing strategic plans; communicating financial results and forecasts with critical stakeholders, including executive management and Board of Directors, shareholders and regulators; managing the Company’s balance sheet, including interest rate and liquidity risks; establishes the Company’s capital policies and prioritizes investments; develops and implements controls to reduce operational risk; developing and maintaining financial data and systems. The Finance organization works across functions and Business lines in the Company, requiring a broad understanding of our business, risk and strategy.
Job Function: Controllership & Tax
The Controllership function is responsible for the operations and controls surrounding accounting, tax and financial reporting of the institution. This function’s responsibilities demonstrates expertise in processing transactions, recording accounting entries, managing the general ledger and reconciliations, and interpreting and complying with technical accounting matters and financial reporting disclosure requirements. Through the Controllership function, stakeholders receive relevant insight and commentary on transaction-level and financial results for analysis and decision making. The Tax function prepares income tax returns and indirect tax filings. Provides research and advice on tax-related matters.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Senior Associate, Controllership (Manager of Accounting Applications)monitors risks, implements solutions and controls and influences others regarding practices and procedures within the Accounting applications.
- Oversees effective and efficient administration of Accounting applications, especially general ledger, accounts payable, asset management platforms.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the management reporting systems in a timely and accurate manner, meeting all business timelines and information/analytic needs.
- Implements solutions to existing problems within the application team.
- Provides well-analyzed and defined recommendations on process improvements
- Ensures adequate controls, reporting, and documentation is maintained for supported applications.
- Coaches and reviews work of junior level professionals as needed.
- Influences and informs others regarding accounting policies, practices, and procedures.
- Assumes project manager role for application enhancements, patches, implementations for Accounting applications
- Works with internal and external auditors on providing system control and security documentation and testing
- Ensure continuous system availability through process optimization and teamwork.
- Support internal customers to effectively analyze business performance and recommend areas for improvement.
- Operationalize robust standard processes supported by tools and systems, reflecting best practices, supported by a control framework.
- Ensure high level of solution usability while meeting business requirements.
Bachelor's Degree: Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems or a equivalent field; or 8-10 years equivalent years of directly related work experience.
5-10 years Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or similar field within the Banking or financial services industry
3-5 years of which are as a Business System Analyst or managing an ERP platform
Skills & Abilities -
- Advanced knowledge of accounting practices and procedures, including US GAAP/IFRS and regulatory reporting standards.
- Proficient skills in MS Office, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Experience with consolidation accounting and elimination entries
- Knowledge of account reconciliation process
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business environment.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Ability to influence others.
- Ability to lead and coach junior level professionals.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees, including senior level management.
- Ability to leverage technology to improve and automate business tasks.
- Ability to maintain and report on confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to identify risks, control gaps, and design remediation of issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to details and can analyze information quickly.
Preferred Skills (not required but a plus)
- CPA, CIA, CISA or similar certifications
- Experience with administration of Oracle Cloud ERP application, Reconciliation software (T-Recs, Cadency) and SAP Orion Accounts Payable
- Completion of a full life-cycle ERP implementation
- Knowledge of GAAP and IFRS standards
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members
- Understands rationale for change and adjusts schedules and tasks to make things work
- Anticipates and plans for changes in work schedules and assignments
- Follows through to meet commitments to others
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands
- Organizes and prioritizes workload and tasks for oneself and team members
- Actively plans ahead for routine and cyclical work
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues
- Sees through complexity and detail to get to the critical issues at hand
- Takes into account the wider context within which problems exist
- Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results
- Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in “Good Standing”
Please click here to see the full policy - https://tbcdn.talentbrew.com/company/1771/internal_v2_0/img/eligibility.pdf
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.