Summary of Responsibilities: The primary focus of the Mailroom Representative is to coordinate the receipt and distribution of all incoming mail, interoffice correspondence, and overnight packages; coordinate the printing, folding/inserting, and application of postage of all outgoing mail; and coordinate the pick-up of all outgoing mail and packages by the vendors in accordance with company policies and procedures. The Mailroom Representative will also handle special printing and binding projects in accordance with the requestor’s instructions.
- Receive courier delivery of incoming mail collected from local post office boxes. Separate certified and priority mail from first class mail and log-in the trackable mail using the Pitney Bowes tracking application. Date stamp and open envelope. Identify department and or recipient of each mail piece and place in appropriate slot for delivery.
- Receive incoming courier delivery of interoffice mail and packages. Log-in trackable mail using the Pitney Bowes tracking application. Identify department and or recipient of each mail piece and place in appropriate slot for delivery.
- Receive incoming overnight courier deliveries. Log-in packages using the Pitney Bowes tracking application. Identify department and or recipient of each package. Print delivery manifests per department instructions and deliver packages to recipients
- Complete internal pick-up and delivery of USPS, interoffice and overnight mail in accordance with established schedules.
- Scan return mail pieces.
- Schedule and print mail out requests in accordance with department instructions.
- Utilizing internal office equipment fold/insert letters into envelopes and apply postage in accordance with company policies and procedures and USPS requirements.
- Prepare and coordinate outgoing local and overnight courier pick-ups.
- Complete ad hoc printing and binding jobs per business unit request.
- Special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Zero (0) to two (2) years customer service and/or relevant experience;
- Excellent communication, and customer service skills required.
- Effective organizational and time management skills required.
- Intermediate PC skills with the ability to adapt to a variety of systems and familiarity with standard office equipment is required.
- Overtime work may be required throughout the year.
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to sixty (60) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.