Sr Associate, Data Stewardship
The Sr. Associate, Data Stewardship is responsible for creating and executing upon data strategy activities within the company including: proactive data improvements, metadata creation and management, data stewardship and core data governance functions.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for critical data project(s), mapping data elements, ensuring appropriate metadata is captured, and rules are defined for all critical data elements.
- Creates and maintains knowledge artifacts such as data dictionaries, data lineage, and change management documentation.
- Assembles, cleanses, and structure data for analysis and communication of the current state of our data.
- Translates complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design.
- Defines business rules for data within a business domain.
- Reviews data lineage.
- Identifies need for changes in metadata within a domain.
- Manages new data initiatives and related projects by defining high-level business case; providing requirements, tracking and prioritizing data projects within domain.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree: Economics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent quantitative field or equivalent work experience
- Master's Degree: (Not required but a Plus) Economics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent quantitative field
- 9-12 years
Skills & Abilities -
- Advanced knowledge of SQL query writing in order to examine and profile data.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Financial Services industry experience
- Advanced knowledge of statistical applications to interpret data requests and identify data analytics opportunities.
- Technical expertise regarding data modeling, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Demonstrated analytical, project management and tactical planning skills.
- Strong leadership, organization, and project management skills.
- Strong data quality experience. Broad understanding of data governance concepts
- Ability to grasp complex analytic principles and techniques with data logic mastery.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity, poise, maturity and precision both written and verbal.
- Ability to lead, influence and direct peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to exercise stakeholder confidentiality and discretionary judgment.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Ability to interact with senior level management; experience interfacing with multiple levels of the organizational structure.
- Ability to maintain and report on confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Results oriented; ability to work efficiently and meet strict reporting deadlines.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in "Good Standing"
Please click here to see the full policy - http://thesource.sov.gs.corp/assets/Internal-Recruitment-Guidelines.pdf