Sr Infrastructure Associate, Active Directory
The Sr. Infrastructure Associate, Active Directory administers and maintains the underlying application and database infrastructure, supporting an innovative suite of financial services applications. As trusted advisor, the incumbent creates and maintains effective customer relationships so as to insure customer satisfaction. Maintains knowledge of leading edge technologies and industry/market domain knowledge. Actively contribute to the Company's solutions portfolio by providing information ranging from technical knowledge to methodologies. Candidate should be bi-lingual with ability to speak Spanish.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure that systems support the organization's business requirements and meet the needs of end users.
- Defines system platforms based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or other platforms.
- Defines technical standards and functionality tests. Develop specifications, prototypes, or initial user guides as well as be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan, develop, and implement a system platform framework applicable to the existing environment to accomplish goals and objectives. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Establishes the basic structure of the system, define the essential core design features and elements that provide the framework for all that follows.
- Works closely with business and technical staff and acts as a key contributor to support complex and critical platform environments.
- Ensures that the application/systems, data and technology aspects of the architecture are driven by the business imperatives of the organization and that the requirements are managed consistently and effectively to drive the overall architecture.
- Advises on and participates in governance boards to ensure that the overall architecture delivers the desired benefits to the organization.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for architectural frameworks, methods and tools and will act as coach to advise and assist varied business and technical staff with appropriate strategy and design disciplines.
- Primarily responsible for designing and maintaining Microsoft Active Directory environments, group policy, etc.
- Management of the corporate internal and external DNS infrastructure.
- Oversee the corporate EnTrust IdentityGuard two factor authentication mechanisms.
- Coordinate with other Santander entities complex application connectivity requirements and multi-domain authentication troubleshooting
- Work with different audit and compliance teams to remediate findings and provide evidence of compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience -
- 9-12 years System administration leadership in a large matrixed organization.
- 9-12 years Deploying and maintaining software products in a cloud environment.
- 9-12 years Experience managing cloud software projects utilizing agile methodologies in a mission-critical environment.
- Enterprise Active Directory support and design.
- Group policy design and implementation.
- O365 migration experience a plus.
- Skills & Abilities -
- Leadership skills to drive evolution and change
- Ability to drive product vision, strategy, and development roadmap in alignment with sales, business and market direction, and strategy
- Expert command of DevOps concepts, processes and best practices
- In-depth knowledge of industry security practices, with special focus on securing and monitoring cloud-based solutions
- Successful track record of managing a network of partnerships with technical teams to resolve system problems and application-specific issues
- Ability to quickly ascertain technical status of issues raised using limited information and formulating the best possible issue-resolution plan
- Understanding of software performance tools, metrics and benchmarks
- History of building detailed technical artifacts documenting software deployment processes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong process-oriented approach to all work products
- Strong customer relationship management skills with ability to prioritize and develop creative solutions to problems
- Record of managing multiple simultaneous projects on time and on budget
- Well-versed with a wide range of technologies across web, database, integrations, interfaces, services and server side
- Strong working knowledge and/or a passion to explore and aptitude to quickly learn a wide range of frameworks, technologies and software development, testing, integration and deployment tools
- Practical experience and appreciation for DevOps practices and processes that foster automation and collaboration with a goal to build, test and release software and products faster and reliably
- Ability to speak Spanish
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in "Good Standing"
Please click here to see the full policy - http://thesource.sov.gs.corp/assets/Internal-Recruitment-Guidelines.pdf