Senior SEC Reporting Analyst
- The Sr. Analyst, SEC Reporting is responsible for preparation of the Company’s external financial statements and supporting schedules and footnotes in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles accurately and on a timely basis. This position will collaborate with various other departments (Accounting, Tax, Legal, FP&A, Investor Relations etc) to ensure that all required information is provided as necessary to support the external audit and quarterly review process.
- Responsible for preparation and analysis of publicly filed SEC documents (10-Q, 10-K, Proxy etc), including supporting schedules and footnotes under SOX controls
- Responsible for working closely with various other departments in determining and meeting reporting requirements and deadlines and to ensure completeness and accuracy of the documentation of accounting matters
- Assist in ensuring compliance with SEC and U.S. GAAP requirements for proper financial statement presentation and disclosure reporting
- Partners with Accounting group to ensure journal entries and reconciliations reflect proper accounting treatment
- Creates and/or improves the accounting and reporting processes; recommends enhancements or improvements to improve effectiveness of reporting team.
- Provides guidance to business lines related to financial reporting requirements.
- Informs, gains input, and supports decision making by the sharing of knowledge, status, needs, and issues across business lines.
Licenses & Certifications -
- Preferred: CPA - Certified Public Accountant
- Special projects as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- 5-9 Years of experienc
- Time management skills with strong attention to details; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet assigned project deadlines in a timely manner.
- Excellent team player who can work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word / Excel / Outlook / PowerPoint)
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and rapidly changing business environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality Preferences
- 2-4 years Public accounting experience preferred
- 1-3 years Financial Services experience preferred
- Knowledge of Oracle and Workiva (SEC filing tool) PeopleSoft, Hyperion, and Query tools preferred
- The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
Employer's Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in “Good Standing”
Please click here to see the full policy - https://tbcdn.talentbrew.com/company/1771/internal_v2_0/img/eligibility.pdf
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.