Director, Operational Risk Management Data and Analytics
The Operational Risk Data Analytics Team at Santander Consumer is a part of Operational Risk Management and is focused on utilizing various data analytics capabilities to enhance the effectiveness of the operational risk monitoring, testing and oversight activities. The team also manages the firm’s operational risk profile, internal and external loss events and scenario analysis programs. Our Team works with operational risk subject matter experts, key business leaders and decision makers to solve problems by analyzing data to provide insights that drive the risk culture at the firm.
The day-to-day includes analysis to understand data structures and relationships, working closely with our subject matter experts at the Operational Risk Management (ORM) second line of defense, and our business partners to build insights into problems and analysis/ research to refine solutions.
Our work requires us to approach new problems on data/ methodology; we rely on data skills, intuition and risk management industry knowledge to create analytics and reporting for various teams and risk committees. Our team uses structured and unstructured data utilizing multiple programming languages and data visualization tools to deliver analytics and reporting.
Who You Are
We are looking for a passionate and innovative individual to lead the Team of analysts as we expand our function using multiple data sources and advanced analytics and as we approach Operational Risk Management holistically.
The candidate needs to be a dependable teammate with strong hands-on experience in business analytics. Will need to know how to explain the essential insights to users at all levels; work with large and small data sets, understand and convey relevance to associated business risks, and translate requirements into testable hypotheses and usable insights. Can identify the approach best for the task at hand based on the business requirements, your knowledge of Operational Risk, the related data and assumptions. Have a proven track record demonstrating measurable business impact from analytic models. Are intellectually curious, resourceful, and comfortable with ambiguity, continually learning, and always finding opportunities to share knowledge with others.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
- 12 to 15 years' experience (work and/or academic); Data analytics applied to large-scale data-intensive projects
- Deep understanding of statistics or advanced mathematics
- Advanced experience and understanding of Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Fluency in at least one programming language and framework (R, Python, C, C++, SQL)
- Comfort mining and manipulate data in SQL or SAS
- Advanced Data Visualization Skills with comfort in Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree; Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Data Analysis, Decision Management or equivalent quantitative field preferred
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
• Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
• Completion of at least twelve months in current position
• Be in “Good Standing”
Please click here to see the full policy - https://tbcdn.talentbrew.com/company/1771/internal_v2_0/img/eligibility.pdf
Primary Location: Dallas, TX, United States
Organization: Santander Consumer USA,