Auction Manager - North East
Job Family: Business Operations
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
Job Function: Auto Loan & Lease Remarketing
Accountable for minimizing operational losses through successful remarketing of return assets. Ensures adherence to internal policy and external regulations. Supports respectful customer experiences throughout life of loan.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Specialist, Auction & Inventory Management is responsible for all aspects of Auction and Inventory management including audits and review of inbound units, existing inventory and units sold to mitigate losses on collateral. Generates daily reports to review eligible inventory, creates and communicates eligible sales information to auction vendors on a daily basis. S/he will inspect repossessed vehicles determining best repair work to maximize collateral collection including inspection of repair work to ensure it meets Santander’s standards. Working with the Auction, the Specialist arranges best time to sell the vehicle and determines the appropriate sales prices based on market conditions.
- Conducts audits for each sale to ensure compliance to company policy and procedure; reports findings and/or discrepancies to Asset Remarketing Management Team and AVP as needed.
- Assists in title resolutions including Auto Check, stolen flags and mileage discrepancies with government agencies and coordinates findings with ARS
- Assists in daily report review, pricing units available for sale, and reinstatements with prompt return of customer units
- Initiates, develops, builds, fosters and maintains professional, positive and effective relationships with all internal and external contacts
- Ensures adherence to AR Procedures and Service Level Agreements through effective communication with stakeholders
- Resolves any delays or issues with external and internal auction staff to ensure sales occur timely
- Processes incoming communication requests regarding units and needed actions including fee requests, repair approvals and transport delay issues. Escalates situations to appropriate stakeholder(s)
- Addresses loan accounting issues with accounts receivables and auction partners
- Reviews daily inventory reports and Inventory exception reporting
- Facilitates post sale auction arbitrations with Director of Remarketing for approval
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education -
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Finance, Marketing or equivalent. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Experience -
- 1+ year of demonstrated auto body and mechanical experience and knowledge
- Skills & Abilities -
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills to make autonomous decisions
- Ability to be physically present at Auction 3-4 days each week
- Ability to travel for up to 4 days/week dependent on assigned market
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to adapt to late changing schedules and plans
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills required
- Superior organizational and time management skills with an impeccable attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively while prioritizing heavy workloads and meeting time sensitive deadlines in a remote environment.
- Team player with a strong work ethic; promotes and enjoys a creative work environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to interpret and analyze an array of data in a variety of forms and leverage it for marketing purposes.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve complex problems.
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints from members, regulators and others.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in print and digital.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.