Director of Photography/Video Editor
- Is a motivated self-starter.
- Has a proven track record in corporate or agency video production, with demonstrated ability to create informational and engaging video content.
- Has expert-level experience taking a project from ideation, pre-production all the way through post production.
- Is a confident communicator, able to interface with corporate executives as well as hired talent, comfortably directing them in a production setting.
- Has expert-level experience with modern camera systems, namely Sony, Canon, Blackmagic and GoPro.
- Has experience operating stabilization tools, namely Steadicam and gimbals.
- Has camera experience in studio, outdoor and live event settings.
- Has drone camera operation experience.
- Has expert-level knowledge and experience with lighting techniques in studio and outdoor settings, heavy experience with different types of lights, knows which lights to utilize in any production scenario.
- Has extensive experience with lighting setups for interview and multi-camera / multi-person conversational scenarios.
- Is a skilled, creative video editor, current with modern editing trends and techniques.
- Has a deep understanding of delivering clear messages and engaging viewers emotionally through dynamic storytelling.
- Possesses creative flair and versatility, passionate about current trends in design and video.
- Has an artistic eye, takes pride in the fine details of typography, composition, exposure, color, timing and movement.
- Has a strong ear for music, ability to make tasteful, intelligent selections, enhance mood and build emotion for a wide range of genres.
- Has strong post-production expertise - color grading, video compression, file size optimization for various formats.
- Has some motion graphics experience (titles, 3rds, intros/outros).
- Is able to deftly manage feedback from multiple stakeholders throughout project lifecycle while meeting deadlines.
- Is a true team player, able to take critiques in a positive and constructive manner, and always open to suggestion. Willing to go beyond a job description and jump in where needed.
- Produce, set up interview looks, light, film, and edit video that can either stand-alone or be incorporated with other video/ motion graphics animation mediums.
- Non-linear editing of video segments covering a wide variety of topics.
- Collaborate with creative director, director digital media, motion and web designers, and other digital media and design team members in the process of developing creative storylines and executing video ideas.
- Storyboarding ideas as part of creative development before motion graphics production begins while ensuring project adheres to specifications of script and brand guidelines.
- Encodes final video projects to web ready specs and works with the web team to upload files to the proper places online.
- Proper archiving of project once all deliverables have been created.
- Special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to carry equipment weighing more than 30 pounds for extended periods of time.
- May be required to transport and assemble video and audio equipment on location.
- BS or BA in digital arts, RTVF, graphic design, video production, or relevant work experience/ related field.
- 5-7 years of concept-to-completion professional video experience in a broadcast or corporate video production and communication environment, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Must be proficient in an HD/SDI, non-linear, file-based, shared-storage editing environment.
- High level of experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Premier Pro, Media Encoder, Photoshop, and various video compression technologies.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be proficient in visual storytelling as well as a strong understanding of how to merge script and story with design.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (30) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in “Good Standing”
Please click here to see the full policy - https://tbcdn.talentbrew.com/company/1771/internal_v2_0/img/eligibility.pdf
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.