Strategy & Operations Associate
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Associate, Business Control & Ops Management partners with assigned Line of Business, managers, and Risk/Compliance/Audit teams to create, implement, maintain, review, and oversee an effective risk management framework. The incumbent participates in projects and/or activities that ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. In addition, s/he ensures quality standards are established in accordance with internal practices and regulatory requirements.
- Works with the business to understand the controls currently in place to minimize risk.
- Manages complex projects that involve working with businesses to improve controls.
- Assists in the collection and initial analysis of data, preparation of executive and committee messaging.
- Reviews current policies and procedures to identify process gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Provides thematic analysis of issues for business to identify emerging trends.
- Analyzes documentation for evidence of successful and efficient performance.
- Develops training on policies and procedures concerning controls and risk management.
- Leads operating process and internal control improvement initiatives.
- Partners with Internal Audit, Compliance, and/or Operations Management to share information and escalate issues as needed.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: in Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience -
- 5-9 years Experience with financial services compliance and/or experience with various products, services or business lines/areas and the pertaining laws, regulations and rules of relevant regulators.
- Skills & Abilities -
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills; able to develop creative solutions, even when dealing with ambiguity.
- Capable to synthesize complex business problems into easily digested action plans and visual representations that are ready for execution.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, with great follow-up and attention to detail, and work well in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Ensure consistency throughout all touchpoints and alignment with defined objectives.
- Expert proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- High level of integrity and the ability to handle sensitive issues with complete confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Governance, Risk and Compliance Methodologies; General control working knowledge
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills, fostering a collaborative work environment, and understanding problems from diverse perspectives
- Control mindset
- High sense of urgency with ability to drive results
- Demonstrable evidence of stakeholder management
- Effective multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Self-starter, energetic, curious, and proactive to solve problems and deliver on assignments
- Ability to handle diverse workload and tight schedules
- Strong risk assessment, negotiation and problem resolution skills
- Ability to lead and drive change
- Proven ability to apply strategic thinking to multiple, complex organizational and business issues, and has ability to translate into practical plans for project execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Knows who to reach out to inside and outside of one’s team to get work done
- Takes action to enhance working relationships needed to achieve seamless work flow
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members
- Execution - Accountability:
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands
- Follows through to meet commitments to other
- Influence - Information Sharing:
- Uses information and data effectively to support a position and present a rational case
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues
- Communicates the importance and benefits of risk control framework to counterparts
- Displays natural skepticism and curiosity to question the status quo and uncover issues
- Adheres to a good root cause analysis process
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.