Representative, Funding - Chrysler Capital Funding
This position is currently work from home due to COVID-19. Once conditions permit this role will be located onsite in Mesa, Arizona.
Job Family: Business Operations
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
Job Function: Auto Loan & Lease Originations
Accountable for the management of the Consumer Loan and Lease Originations process from application review through funding. Ensures adherence to internal policy and external regulations. Supports respectful applicant and dealer experiences throughout originations process.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Representative, Funding assists and supports the Funding team with various duties/tasks as needed. S/he provides world-class customer service through daily interaction with both internal and external customers, including personnel, automotive dealerships, vendors and customers. Additionally, s/he identifies processes and control improvement and communicates findings to the respected manager.
- Supports respectful applicant and dealer experiences throughout originations funding process.
- Identifies processes and control improvements; communicates findings to the respected manager.
- Assists with questions, calls, emails, faxes and being an overall go to person for funding analysts.
- Assists with handling of manager queue and escalated issues on pending contracts.
- Provides world-class customer service through daily interaction with both internal and external customers, including personnel, automotive dealerships, vendors and customers.
- Reviews in house applications to ensure accuracy and timeliness is met.
- Communicates loan decisions, stipulations and revising when necessary to ensure funding.
- Builds and fosters relationships with assigned customers to support growth targets.
- Follows-up on current approvals.
- Utilizes creative methods to generate results and to foster teamwork.
- Identifies trends and or low performing areas of the business.
- Participates in team related activities and meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: Business, Finance, Marketing or equivalent degree.
- or equivalent work experience: Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience -
- 0-3 years Auto Originations/Funding experience preferred.
- Skills & Abilities -
- Proficient in basic PC applications, including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Intermediate to advanced typing and data entry processing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to respond to internal and external requests as needed.
- Ability to adhere to policies, procedures, and instructions of management.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander.
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position.
- Be in “Good Standing.”
Please click here to see the full policy - https://tbcdn.talentbrew.com/company/1771/internal_v2_0/img/eligibility.pdf
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.