Under the direction of the Food & Beverage Supervisor, the cashier is responsible for taking customer food orders, collecting payments and making change for customers and employees. The Cashier is also responsible for balancing opening and closing banks at the beginning and end of each shift.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive and count down opening banks for accuracy and proper break down of change.
- Make sure equipment is in proper working order.
- Make sure all customers or employees pay for all food received.
- Count down bank in drawer at the end of the session, assist in the clean-up of kitchen at the end of the session.
- Make sure that register area is kept clean and safe at all times.
- Keep kitchen area clean and items stocked.
- Food Court: Selects requested food items from the serving or storage area and assembles items on trays for the customer.
- Responsible to notify immediate supervisor of any problems and or concerns.
- Responsible for cleanliness, organization & preparedness of immediate workspace & adjacent areas.
- Any additional job-related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- Must have good basic mathematical, organizational and communication skills.
- Clean and proper work attire in accordance with company policy.
- Must be reliable, pleasant and possess a good attitude.
- Must be able to provide good service to sometimes-difficult situations.
- Ability to cope in potentially stressful situations.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handler’s Card.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.