The Information Technology (IT) department for the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians (the Tribe) provides and supports a leading edge technology infrastructure to the organization in support of ever changing technological advances in the Gaming industry and the Tribe’s business enterprises. The ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is key to the success of the IT staff to meet the demands of this technically proficient and high demand department.
Under the supervision of the Service Desk Management team, the Field Support Analyst I is responsible for assisting with all end user requests including: user provisioning/de-provisioning, hardware/software installs/troubleshooting/repairs, networking Moves/Adds/Changes, VoIP phone configurations/troubleshooting, in-house/vendor application troubleshooting/problem resolution. This role also must have documented customer service and communication skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support of 24/7 production environment comprised of workstations, laptops, mobile device, network devices, printers, promotional KIOSKS, EGM [Electronic Gaming Machines], POS systems, scanners, plotters, VoIP equipment, WiFi, and PBX equipment throughout the Casino and San Manuel enterprise. Support of a variety of applications for internal customers in departments such as HR, Slots, Accounting, Food & Beverage, Cage Operations, Facilities, and IT.
- Monitor server/network equipment, respond to user calls and service tickets, trouble-shoot and escalate issues pertaining to production systems in support of Casino and Back Office activities.
- Provide written and verbal status reports, communicate and update customers and team of issues, and update online diagrams and documentation. Reinforce service level agreements.
- Participate in IT projects under direction of operation leads and management team.
- Maintain organized, clean and safe work environment throughout the enterprise.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of sensitive and/or classified types of information documents.
- Perform installations and basic configurations of hardware, software, and telephones. Perform preventative maintenance.
- Participate in asset tracking, inventory management, telecom/network maintenance, vendor management, and process improvement activities.
- Ability to work any assigned shift (day/swing/graveyard).
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field and at least 2 years of relevant IT work experience required.
- Technical troubleshooting experience [documented ability to analyze and diagnose network, computer, and or telecom issues].
- Two (2) years computer experience [working directly with workstations, servers, phone systems, mobile devices, networking, or printers].
- Ability to solve technical problems, work well under stress, and follow instructions.
- Customer service and vendor management experience desirable.
- Experience working in Casino or Gaming industry is preferred.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure, Messaging, Security, and Mobility platforms desirable.
- Ability to communication effectively to all levels of the San Manuel organization.
- Ability to de-escalate tense situations in order to problem-solve effectively.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.