Founded in 1986, the San Manuel Casino (SMC) has built a strong reputation as a premier gaming establishment attracting more than two-million guests a year! Our dynamic Food & Beverage department, the largest department in our organization, strives to create a pleasurable dining experience for all guests and prides itself on exceptional food quality and outstanding customer service.
Under the direction of the Rock & Brews Supervisor, the Bartender, Rock & Brews is responsible for providing pleasant, efficient alcohol beverage service to guests, cocktail servers and food servers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for a $2,000.00 bank to receive payment from and give change to guests and cocktail/ beverage servers.
- Communicates with guests in a cordial manner with a smile, at all times.
- Expedites large quantities of drinks efficiently and accurately during dining/club hours, in addition to serving multiple guests at the same time.
- Keeps the bar top clean, ashtrays emptied, picks up all trash and empty beer bottles.
- Maintains knowledge of all drinks, recipes and beer items available, the price of each, and how the drink is garnished.
- Must pass service standards, food, liquor, wine, beer and alcohol awareness and point of sales tests with scores of 90% or better, before working solo shift: then periodic quizzes and tests thereafter.
- Prepares fresh fruit garnishes, juices, syrups and mixers from scratch, stocks the bar at the start of the shift, and breaks down and cleans the bar at close.
- Verifies that the alcohol inventory in the liquor cabinet is accurate at the start of the shift, and properly requests replacement alcohol bottles, through the Bar Requisition Sheet at the end of their shift.
- Ensures proper set-up of bar tops including: matches, ashtrays, beverage napkins, stir sticks, sword pics; garnish trays with ice, and garnishes.
- Verifies the legal age of all guests that appear to be under the age of 30.
- Ensures all responsible Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC), state and gaming policies are adhered to while serving alcohol.
- Responsible for collecting payment for each drink or round of drinks when they are ordered. All beverage orders are “cash and carry” at the bars and on the Casino floor (not running tabs); exception is inside the restaurants, where Bartenders are responsible to ensure all beverages have been added to the proper guest check.
- Responsible to take their scheduled breaks on time and in accordance with their co-workers.
- Responsible for any and all monies owed and paying all outstanding debts, and void orders.
- Assists with special projects as directed by the supervisor including, monthly meetings, special banquets, concerts, and special guests.
- Responsible to cash tips in, on their own time (during breaks or after clocking out).
- Always reports to work in a clean uniform; if not dressed properly, may be sent home.
- Reports any problems or concerns their immediate supervisor.
- Performs additional job-related duties as assigned by their supervisor/management.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one (1) year bartending experience in a high volume entertainment bar restaurant with high quality food, extensive beer and spirits offering, with a high energy atmosphere with live entertainment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must present a neat, clean, and well groomed appearance in accordance with departmental policy.
- Must have a warm, inviting and engaging personality and be comfortable in an entertainment setting.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communications skills.
- Exemplary customer service skills and demonstrated ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize job duties and manage time effectively, and work well with others.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Gaming Commission, may be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handler’s Card.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain T.I.P.S Certification upon employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.