Under supervision of the Manager of Project Controls, the Project Controls Assistant provides accounting and administrative support to the Project Controls Lead. Work requires proven knowledge of the construction accounting work environment and construction management procedures where assigned. The Project Controls Assistant requires skill in working with issues relating to policy, procedures, and confidential matters. The Project Controls Assistant exercises discretion and frequent independent judgment and action.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that all assigned work is completed on time and within budget in accordance with the instructions of the Project Controls Lead
- Prepare, revise and distribute reports, correspondence, charts, forms, proposals, presentations, brochures, type memos, letters, transmittals, and other materials from copy created by others using computer and/or automated office equipment. Proofreads materials. Assist in reproduction, compilation and distribution of all reports and electronic data.
- Author Templates: Prepare and provide Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access and other graphic electronic template files for the purpose of transmitting and distributing correspondence. Monitor updates and changes on a regular basis.
- Invoices: Reconcile by reviewing contracts, addendums and change orders. Provide processing with cover sheet and appropriate signatures. Interact with Consultants, Contractors and other vendors to achieve additional reconciliation. Follow through in accordance with template information, proposal and project budget.
- Budgets: Populate information, reconcile with addendums, change orders, contracts and reimbursable. Track all information stated above and distribute accordingly.
- Prepare and send documents/packages for shipping, receiving, track and delivery. Prepare, maintain client contact lists and update mailing lists per project.
- Assist in the setup of new files and systems for new projects. Maintain electronic and hardcopy project files. Assist in research for information on projects, consultants, vendors, and business practices and any related subjects promoting Project Development interest, via Internet, publications, books and third parties.
- Qualifying: Compare Request for Proposal (RFP) recipients, research, and log and summarize Consultants and Contractors.
- Coordinate luncheon arrangements and schedule meetings with local jurisdictions, municipalities, consultants, vendors and partners with Managers. Maintain schedule of Manager’s Itineraries.
- Report all technical dysfunction (i.e. computers, printers, cameras, fax, copiers, handheld devices etc.) to appropriate parties.
- Prepare correspondence in response to general inquiries, which do not require technical program knowledge. Signs routine correspondence of a non-technical nature.
- Researches, analyzes and summarizes information and source materials for reports independently and communicates findings orally and in writing.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, correspondence, facsimiles, memorandums, e-mails, hardcopy filing, and electronic filing using date stamp and code. Receives and reads incoming correspondence and information. Summarizes and prioritizes review of correspondence. Screens out items to be handled personally and forwards remainder with necessary background material.
- Prepare documents: Assist in drafting addendums, request for proposals, small agreements, request for change orders, various checklists, meeting minutes, reports, e-mails and all other media related to the progress of the projects or development.
- Receives and screens telephone calls and visitors. Independently handles procedural and substantive matters and enquiries which do not require technical knowledge or refers callers to others as appropriate.
- Support office by using automated equipment such as facsimile machines, computers, printers, copy equipment, voice messaging and electronic mail systems and telephone equipment. Photo documentation: Recordation and editing of photos through digital cameras and media.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School graduate with five (5) years related experience and/or training in Project Development, Construction Management, Building Liaison, Real Estate, or Property Operations & Management required.
- Able to type 60+ wpm.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook and internet applications.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must undergo and successfully pass extensive pre-employment background investigation.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.