Under the direction of the Beverage Manager, the Beverage Assistant Manager: directs and controls efficient beverage service throughout the entire casino operation; oversees the training of non-exempt union and exempt employees; oversees all positions under the Beverage hourly team member organization chart to ensure that all quality standards are consistently met and exceed guest expectations; directs overall activities of the supervisors and leads to ensure established customer service standards are met or exceeded in a safe and orderly work environment. The Assistant Manager is co-responsible for profit and loss forecasting, budgeting, labor management, and operations costs to ensure quality and profit while meeting fiscal requirements. The Beverage Department is a high-volume, fast-paced, guest-centric entity, located in a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week casino, that assists the entire Food & Beverage Department as applicable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains guidelines to sustain a highly energized culture, engaged, and enthusiastic work environment that ensures an optimal guest experience.
- Oversees all aspects of the Beverage Department to include but not limited to: exceptional guest service, quality beverages and presentation, bar cleanliness, supervision of all beverage employees, and their respective work stations.
- Coordinates and caters to our high end customers’ experience in the VIP areas to include: AIG, High Limit Rooms, Tukut lounge, and accommodations, providing the highest level of entertainment and guest experience.
- Manages the day-to-day operations in accordance with established policies and procedures ensuring that the outlets operate effectively within departmental fiscal and operational guidelines.
- Assists in the development and constant revision of new employee training policies and procedures including hourly team members, leads, and supervisors.
- Maintains complete knowledge of: all liquor brands, beers, wine, and non-alcoholic selections available in each outlet as well as the particular characteristics and description of every beverage offering. Must also maintain a complete knowledge of the corresponding glassware and garnishes for drinks, all bar menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation, and prices.
- Counsels, guides, and instructs assigned personnel in the proper execution of their duties and responsibilities.
- Develops initiatives to build sales, profitability, and guest counts. Maintains effective cost controls in support of these initiatives.
- Compiles variance reports, weekly management reports, comp reports, and assists in the annual budget and any other reports deemed necessary by the Manager. Responsible to meet or exceed budgeted sales and profitability goals.
- Monitors employee performance to ensure that they are in compliance with established policies and procedures overseeing follow-up work to ensure non-recurrence of errors; works closely with business office and internal audit to ensure compliance and to minimize loss from shortages and errors in audits.
- Partners with members of training staff to create a structured and successful training process for all bar employees.
- Works with service staff to ensure that all service standards and policies are maintained and that guests receive exemplary service.
- Establishes health and safety policies and procedures for beverage staff and ensures their compliance.
- Maintains complete knowledge and strictly abides by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons, and drunk driving.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, reviewing, and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s Degree in Food Service or Business Management preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ progressive supervisory/management experience in a casino environment or in a high volume entertainment bar restaurant with high quality food, extensive beer, and spirits offering, with a high energy atmosphere with live entertainment required.
- Must possess advanced knowledge in liquor/beer/wine product and mixology.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Publisher, and Outlook is required.
- Proficiency in point-of-sale and inventory systems such as InfoGenesis and Eatec is required.
- Demonstrated ability for people development by mentoring, motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, and holding them accountable.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a ServSafe certification within 90 days of employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.