Reporting to the Director of Restaurant Operations, the Banquet Manager will be responsible for the overall success of both the banquet and catering services, attaining the highest standards and efficiency. The Banquet Manager will provide strategic leadership, guidance and direction for banquet services as well as internal and external catering events. The Banquet Manager will be responsible for providing an optimal guest experience while guaranteeing food and beverage integrity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and implements a strategic marketing plan to ensure growth of catering revenue.
- Oversees service operations to ensure guests have the ultimate dining experience while positively promoting the company brand.
- Negotiates and initiates catering contracts with clients; ensures event details, staffing and menus are clearly communicated and orchestrated with the utmost efficiency.
- Prepares, implements and compiles data for strategic sales plan, monthly reports, annual goals and forecasts; manages and reduces costs and maintains appropriate inventory.
- Utilizing current competitive data, develops menu pricing and projects revenue targets.
- Effectively and proactively monitors the daily banquet and catering functions including providing support and guidance to the banquet team.
- Creates a collaborative environment establishing highest standards of quality service; ensures effective implementation through hiring, training, development, promotion and continuous reinforcement.
- Coordinates with culinary staff and other departments as necessary to ensure the highest level of deliverables.
- Enhances processes that heighten the guest experience while meeting and exceeding financial goals.
- Ensures event details, staffing and menus are clearly communicated and orchestrated with the utmost efficiency.
- Conducts regular staff meetings to build rapport and ensure open communication among colleagues.
- Evaluates the guest experience with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Proposes ideas to build the range and quality of banquet and catering operations.
- Ensures compliance with all health and safety regulations.
- Plans, prepares, promotes and initiates menu items, special events and venue décor.
- The Banquet Manager carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include maintaining adequate staffing levels, training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Business or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience managing a catering/banquet department required.
- Must have experience in food service operations including knowledge of current OSHA and ABC regulations.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership and production methods required.
- Must be skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment by aligning individual and team actions with strategies and plans to drive business results.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Suite including, Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point necessary.
- Experience utilizing an inventory control program required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must possess a current and valid ServSafe certificate, or able to obtain prior to commencing employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.