ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Combines all standard mixes and ingredients for cakes, pies, brownies, breads, and specialty pastries as assigned.
- Mixes, bakes, and finishes all products as necessary.
- Garnishes all service trays, cakes, and pastries for proper presentation.
- Prepares all items according to recipe standards.
- Ensures all products are rotating on a first-in, first-out philosophy.
- Maintains solid knowledge of all food products.
- Labels and dates all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
- Applies basic knife skills required for preparation.
- Works as a team and assists helpers and/or Pastry Chef’s as needed.
- Provides assistance to the Pastry Chef’s with regard to special functions and project preparation and presentation.
- Utilizes measurements in an appropriate manner.
- Maintains complete knowledge of and complies with all department policies, service procedures, and standards.
- Reports all discrepancies, accidents, and hazards to management.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education development (GED) required. Culinary apprenticeship, AOS degree from culinary institution, or two (2) years experience working in a pastry kitchen or bakery preferred.
- Must have good organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to work well both independently and with others.
- Must maintain clean and proper work attire in accordance with company policy.
- Must be reliable, pleasant, and possess a good attitude.
- Must provide good customer service in sometimes difficult situations.
- Must be able to cope in potentially stressful situations.
- Must be able to complete basic mathematical computations (addition, subtraction, etc.).
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in the English language.
- Must be able to show good judgment skills in all areas of responsibility.
- Must maintain a high degree of concentration in an intense and fast-paced work environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
Must possess a current Food Handler’s certificate.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.