Founded in 1986, the San Manuel (SMC) has built a strong reputation as a premier gaming establishment attracting more than two-million guests a year! Our dynamic Food & Beverage department, the largest department in our organization, strives to create a pleasurable dining experience for all guests and prides itself on exceptional food quality and outstanding customer service.
Under the direction of the Beverage Assistant Manager, the Beverage Supervisor is responsible for the efficient scheduling and oversight of subordinate employees in order to continuously improve the quantity and quality of work done to ensure efficient and economical work operations. Areas of responsibility include all Casino beverage venues as well as entertainment events. Supervisory functions include a range of duties and responsibilities for planning, organizing, and dealing effectively with employee-management concerns.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains a highly energized culture, engaged and enthusiastic work environment that ensures an optimal restaurant and entertainment experience
- Oversees all aspects of the bar experience to include: exceptional guest service, quality beverage presentation, bar/service bar cleanliness, and an engaging audio/visual experience.
- Determines materials, equipment, and facilities needed.
- Ensures all beverage orders placed accurately and timely.
- Ensures all beverage orders are served efficiently and in accordance with SMC standards of presentation and Health department regulations.
- Ensures proper inventory levels are maintained by enforcing inventory controls and weekly inventory reconciliation
- Explains and gains the support of employees for management policies and goals (ex. cost reduction and safety)
- Train, coaches, mentors, and develops team members in beverage preparation and service, responsible alcohol service, safe food handling, sanitation, and safety procedures; administers performance management and disciplinary actions as required.
- Creates and administers work schedules for maximum efficiency of the bar/service bars.
- Works to achieve the objectives of company personnel programs and policies.
- Effectively resolves complaints, grievances, and other matters involved in the day to day administration.
- Notifies superiors of any problems or concerns.
- Advises management on participation in the: establishment of program production goals, priorities, and major work schedules; development of cost and budget analyses or forecasts; determination of long-range manpower requirements.
- Ensures the cleanliness, organization & preparedness of immediate workspace & adjacent areas.
- Monitors and controls the sanitation of beverage venues to ensure a healthy and safe work environment to comply with SMIBC policies and procedures and quality service standards
- Floor (All Customer-Occupied Floor Space) responsibilities include meeting and maintaining all safety and health requirements according to applicable safety and health codes and ensuring food is served in a healthy, safe and timely manner. Also responsible for maintaining professional customer service standards as stated in our mission, vision and values contained in the Food & Beverage Departmental Handbook.
- Manages guest relations and guest recovery by attending to guest complaints or intoxicated guest issues, resolving matters as expediently as possible.
- Oversees all cash management and cash registers to ensure proper cash management practices and procedures are followed.
- Identifies, recommends, develops, and implements new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and cost savings
- Conducts inventories of beer, wine, cigarettes and specific non-alcoholic beverages.
- Logs all incidents of spillage and complimentary.
- Pour testing and recipe adherence of all bar staff.
- Works with Manager and Assistant Manager to determine product selection, costing, roll out and staff training for all new beers.
- Oversees quality, consistency, and presentation of beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Conducts Bar line checks with specific emphasis on prepping garnish trays to par.
- Recipe development and implementation.
- Beer par for menu with Chef de Cuisine and Manager.
- Ensures all preventative maintenance and maintenance of beer systems, beer walk-in and bar equipment.
- Ensures security of beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages and bar supplies.
- Conducts routine follow through on a daily bar-related maintenance issues.
- Responsible for organization, cleanliness and security of all kegs.
- Must have a thorough understanding of local, state and federal regulations for the sale and distribution of alcohol and cigarettes, as well as a thorough understanding of all San Manuel Gaming Commission Regulations and the California Department of Alcohol Beverage Control standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s degree in Food Service or Business Management preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years food service supervisory/management in a high volume bar/restaurant/casino with high quality food, extensive beer and spirits offering, with a high energy atmosphere preferred.
- Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) desirable.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Strong initiative and solid judgment abilities/skills.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a current TIPS Certification, Food Handlers Card, and ServSafe certification.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.