Founded in 1986, the San Manuel Casino (SMC) has built a strong reputation as a premier gaming establishment attracting more than two-million guests a year! Our dynamic Food & Beverage department, the largest department in our organization, strives to create a pleasurable dining experience for all guests and prides itself on exceptional food quality and outstanding customer service.
Under the direction of the Food & Beverage Supervisor, the Bar Back provides assistance to Bartenders to enable them to provide excellent guest service. By helping to greet patrons and keeping the bars clean and stocked the Bar Back allows bartenders and cocktail servers to operate more efficiently.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Keeps the bar stations fully stocked (ice, mixes, garnishes, napkins, straws, etc.)
- Covers other bars when other Bar Backs are on break.
- Empties trash as necessary throughout the shift, and at the end of the shift.
- Keeps bar surfaces clean, wipes down inside of reach-ins and beer coolers to prevent condensation buildup, cleans all garnish trays at the end of each shift or as needed, wipes down all mix containers and alcohol bottles at the end of each shift.
- Keeps the floors clean and presentable, and ensures that all debris is picked up.
- Prepares fruit garnishes for each shift, and assists Bartenders in mixing and preparing bulk alcohol and mix recipes for volume sale. (Concentrated juices, Sangria, Spiced Cider, etc.)
- Assists the Bartender in retrieving or serving beer, sodas, or bottles beverages to guests or Cocktail Servers at the Bartenders direction during volume times.
- Assists the Bartender in greeting new guests and obtaining drink orders. May also be required to serve and collect payment for drinks.
- Washes hands after cleaning ashtrays, handling dirty dishes, or emptying the trash.
- Ensures the station is as clean as possible for the next shift.
Bar Back Safety:
- Maintains constant safety awareness: asks for help when need; lifts with legs, not back; ensures path is clear when transporting loads; wears slip-resistant, rubber sole shoes.
- Determines if loads are too heavy which may result in injury and requests assistance from supervisor.
- Exercises extreme care and takes time when working around heated objects (cappuccino machines, coffee urns).
- Notifies immediate supervisor of any problems and or concerns.
- Maintains cleanliness, organization & preparedness of immediate workspace & adjacent areas.
- Performs additional job-related duties as assigned by their supervisor/management.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum three (3) months related experience or training required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a warm, inviting and engaging personality and be comfortable in an entertainment setting.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communications skills.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Gaming Commission, may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handler’s Card.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain T.I.P.S Certification upon employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.