The Assistant Director of Slot Operations will assist in the oversight of the department to maximize profitability, through overseeing strategies for quality service standards, slot layout, performance, and revenue growth, scheduling and budget management. The Assistant Director of Slot Operations is responsible for the oversight of the Department Managers. This position will ensure the Slot Operations Department develops and meets department goals, strategies and expectations set by the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Directly oversees and delegates day-to-day operational components; develops short and long term planning goals for departmental operations. Plans and conducts meetings to coordinate, plan and implement projects. Maintains priority focus on providing high levels of guest and team member satisfaction through the development of new practices and on-going programs.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with the Director, Managers and staff, as well as all other internal departments and external entities. Collaborates with Slot Managers to ensure performance expectations are met and projects are on track to meet department objectives. Possesses a working knowledge of all department and company policies and procedures and Gaming Commission Regulations.
- Works closely with the Director to develop, implement, and oversee overall strategies for quality service standards, slot layout, performance, revenue growth, scheduling and budget management in order to maximize profitability.
- Manages all levels of financial performance for Slot Operations. Regularly gathers, analyzes and prepares historical financial data for review and budget inclusion. Designs and implements business solutions to address operational concerns within the framework of approved budgetary limits.
- Maintains a working knowledge of slot accounting, player tracking, performance management, and ticket validation systems. Prepares solutions to system upgrades and/or interruptions, including the scheduling and execution of those upgrades. Responds to floor related system interruptions and troubleshoots deficiencies until system status quo is restored.
- Researches potential vendor purchases and negotiates terms. Assists in presenting proposals and preliminary contract review.
- Maintains a working knowledge of slot industry standards and trends, including new technologies and skill sets relevant to slot operations. The Assistant Director travels to industry events such as conferences, conventions, tradeshows, and expositions as dictated by the needs of the company. The Assistant Director travels to direct and indirect competition properties.
- Addresses customer concerns in person, in writing or by phone. Tracks and prepares responses to customer inquiries, including slot machine claims. Ensures all Quality Service standards are being met by responding to formal customer complaints and concerns.
- Composes and presents to the Slot Director new department policies and procedures. Manages some policy and procedural revisions, proposed and approved, to maintain accuracy.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a related field required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive and challenging Slot Operations management experience required.
- A minimum of three (3) years casino operations experience required.
- A keen proficiency in budgeting, P&L and business planning is required.
- Must possess keen leadership abilities, as well as organizational and strategic agility.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and support multiple high level executive positions.
- Analytical in his or her approach to problem solving with an emphasis on managing within a team environment which is focused on results.
- Must be comfortable preparing and conducting formal presentations to executives/ stakeholders/ team members.
- Extensive experience in using complex analytical support to make decisions is essential.
- The ability to provide world class customer service which consistently exceeds guests’ expectations is a must.
- Intermediate level of proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- State of California Key Employee license required.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.