Under the direction of the Food and Beverage Supervisor, the Beverage Cart Server is responsible for providing friendly, complimentary non-alcoholic beverage service to guests in the slot machine area and the entire casino floor in an efficient and high volume capacity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Speak to guests and team members in a welcoming manner with a responsive demeanor and smile at all times.
- Maintain rotating schedule throughout the night; rotating specified sections such as designated machine areas, fill positions, and breakers. Sections will encompass all slot machine areas including the first and second floors.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary beverage cart. Must be stocked with a full pot of coffee and assorted complimentary beverages. Beverage carts will need to carry a variety of essentials: creamers, sugar packets, cups, cup lids, straws, stir sticks, napkins, and a trash can (w/liner).
- Push the prepared cart to the designated slot section on the Casino floor. Methodically maneuver the cart throughout the entire section calling out in a hospitable manner “Beverages, coffee, water.”
- Part of the rotating schedule will consist of a “fill” hour. During this hour, designated servers will consistently maintain sufficient amounts of complimentary beverages; including sodas, juices, coffee, and water. These beverages will be used to stock the carts utilized by the Beverage Cart Servers who will be on the casino floor. In addition, these servers will also be responsible for assisting Bar Backs in keeping the “filling” stations clean and organized with all items necessary for cart service. The server who has the “fill” station for the last hour of the shift must fill and prepare drink carts for the on coming shift. The number of carts to be prepared will depend on the shift and volume of business. If beverage cart service is not going to be utilized on the next shift; all carts must be thoroughly washed and sanitized with the fill station fully cleaned and stocked.
- When a guest requests service, the server must ask in a cordial manner “How may I help you”. Complete the guests request and ask “would you like anything else”. The server must prepare all guests orders to their request.
- Learn the fundamentals of the Point of Sale (P.O.S) system. Servers will be responsible for keeping a detailed and thorough account of all beverages that are given to guests. These drinks must be entered into the P.O.S system and saved so they can be closed by a supervisor or manager.
- Beverage Cart Servers are required to pay a gratuity to the Bar Back on shift. This gratuity will account for 15% of tips earned throughout the shift.
- Must notify immediate supervisor of any problems as they occur. This includes reporting any guest who appears to be intoxicated or under the age of 21.
- Responsible for cleanliness, organization, and preparedness of immediate workspace and adjacent areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High school diploma or general education development (GED) required.
- One year related experience and/or training.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain Good Handler’s Card within 90 days of employment.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain T.I.P.S Certification upon employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.