Under the direction of the Enterprise Risk Manager and Chief Security and Risk Officer, the Sr. Enterprise Risk Analyst role will perform, on a strategic level, risk management and compliance activities across the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians (SMBMI) organization with a focus in aligning material risks to strategy and performance objectives. The Enterprise Risk Analyst must have an extensive working knowledge of ERM and traditional risk management and its relationship within a progressive organization. The Enterprise Risks Analyst must have familiarity with Information Technology concepts/applications, SDLC, Information Security, Business Continuity, Vendor Risk Management and operations with various business units. Ensure appropriate identification, assessment, and mitigation of material risks, while assisting risk owners with development of controls and mitigation plans. The Enterprise Risk Analyst will champion a comprehensive understanding of ERM and assist with education to all SMBMI personnel.
In addition, the candidate will also be responsible for assisting in the coordination of training, development, implementation and deployment of SMBMI’s ERM program and systems. The role will assist in facilitating risk management processes and may be tasked with managing and maintaining various methodologies, procedures, documentation, and assessment plans to support SMBMI’s risk profile.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Perform the following duties with a focus on governance and compliance:
- Assist Enterprise Risk manager in developing and implementing an ERM program.
- Collect, evaluate and maintain data for risk quantification, assessment, and mitigation across various groups.
- Recognize and understand root causes, patterns, or trends that could result in risk to the organization.
- Identify and implement corrective action where appropriate and consistent with ERM objectives.
- Understand “three lines of defense” concept and its application within a governmental entity.
- Assist in conducting risk assessments with business unit risks owners and maintain inventory of risk documents and integrating with GRC application.
- Support business units with management of risks and integration of ERM processes and provide on-going training and direction.
- Perform periodic updates of policy and compliance documents and standards, as it relates to the Enterprise Risk Management program.
- Develop analytical reporting over risk assessments to identify and communicate risk profile changes and recommend risks controls.
- Conduct risk-based evaluations and self-assessments, which involve comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the SMBMI risk team: such as costs and other factors, and evaluating the previous handling of risks.
- Support the development and application of risk assessment tools, practices and policies within in a GRC environment. Assist colleagues with compliance, risk, and ERM policy questions.
- Prepare presentation of risk information and reporting for varying audiences including; department heads, senior management, executive management and the Business Committee.
- Assist with the coordination of third-party vendor management to ensure TPAs and VRM systems and functions are operating appropriately.
- Maintain a basic functional knowledge of model risk concepts and analytics to drive data governance for risk management.
- Ensure training and on-going communications with business units to provide education in alignment with best practices and guiding principles.
- Participate with team members to execute against the framework and road map for the development of risk capabilities, prioritization and reporting.
- Ensure SMBMI maintain adequate risk controls to facilitate compliance with laws, regulations, and subjects related to gaming industry.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills. Good verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in statistical software a plus. Strong data mining and management skills. Good general knowledge of Gaming industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Technology or related quantitative field preferred.
- Seven plus years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience analyzing operational, regulatory, legal, fraud, reputation, compliance, strategic, technology and transaction risks.
- Experience with initiating, completing, and reviewing risk and self-assessments.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint and statistical software is desired.
- Strong data mining and management skills. Good general knowledge of Gaming industry is a plus.
- Experience in ERM policy development, assessments, mitigation activity, controls implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Experience with 1) Developing, building, or operating risk models including (or related experience auditing and testing of) financial models. 2) working and researching with advanced analytical skills in the areas of statistics, economic/econometrics modeling or data mining applicable to risk management; 3) manipulating and analyzing data and structuring multiple database systems; and 4) presenting analytical findings and methodology to both technical and non-technical audiences and making business recommendations via the use of Microsoft applications; 5) risk analysis or risk management, audit, project coordination or project coordination management or related experience is desired, and 6) demonstrated proficiency in MS Excel to include knowledge of functions involving data analysis, manipulation, and modeling including VLOOKUP, IF, COUNT, Pivot Tabling, INDEX/MATCH, COUNTIF, SUMIF, SUMPRODUCT, macro commands, and conditional formatting in Microsoft Excel is preferred.
- Experience with other regulatory frameworks supporting ERM is desirable (COSO, SOX-404, COBIT, NIST).
- Knowledge of the San Manuel Casino Policies and Procedures, or a similar tribal/gaming environment, is highly desired.
- Experience and familiarity working with information technology, data extractions, understanding of network environments, software, and hardware.
- Experience developing and revising enterprise risk policies, standards and guidelines.
- Strong communications and presentation skills.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Certifications such as CRMA, RMP, CRISC, and CISA strongly desired.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.