Under the direction of the Food & Beverage Supervisor, the Bartender is responsible for providing pleasant, efficient alcohol beverage service to guests, cocktail and food servers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for a $2,000.00 bank to receive payment from and give change to guests and cocktail/ beverage servers.
- Communicates with guests in a cordial manner with a smile, at all times.
- Expedites large quantities of drinks efficiently and accurately during club hours, in addition to serving multiple guests at the same time.
- Keeps the bar top clean, ashtrays emptied, picks up all trash and empty beer bottles.
- Maintains knowledge of all drinks, recipes and beer items available, the price of each, and how the drink is garnished.
- Prepares fresh fruit garnishes, juices, syrups and mixers from scratch, stocks the bar at the start of the shift, and breaks down and cleans the bar at close.
- Verifies that the alcohol inventory in the liquor cabinet is accurate at the start of the shift, and properly requests replacement alcohol bottles, through the Bar Requisition Sheet at the end of their shift.
- Ensures proper set-up of bar tops including: matches, ashtrays, beverage napkins, stir sticks, sword pics; garnish trays with ice, and garnishes.
- Verifies the legal age of all guests that appear to be under the age of 30.
- All beverage orders are “cash and carry” at the bars and on the Casino floor. We do not run tabs. It is the bartender’s responsibility to collect for each drink or round of drinks when they are ordered. The only exception is inside the restaurants, where alcohol purchases are added to the patron’s check, and the total is paid at the end of the meal. In this circumstance, it is the Bartenders responsibility to ensure all beverages have been added to the proper guest check.
- It is the bartender’s responsibility to take their scheduled breaks on time and in accordance with their co-workers.
- The bartender is responsible for any and all monies owed and paying all outstanding debts, and void orders.
- Assists with special projects as directed by the supervisor including, monthly meetings, special banquets, concerts, and special guests.
- It is the bartender’s responsibility to cash tips in, on their own time (during breaks or after clocking out).
- Always reports to work in a clean uniform; if not dressed properly, may be sent home.
- No eating, smoking, or chewing gum on the floor or behind the bar.
- Reports any problems or concerns their immediate supervisor.
- Performs additional job-related duties as assigned by their supervisor/management.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum three (3) months’ related experience and/or training required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a warm, inviting and engaging personality and be comfortable in an entertainment setting.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communications skills.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Gaming Commission, may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handler’s Card.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain T.I.P.S Certification upon employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.