PCB Project Coordinator & Vendor Technical Liaison
Founded in 1976, Samtec is a privately held, $950 million global manufacturer of a broad line of electronic interconnect solutions, including High-Speed Board-to-Board, High-Speed Cables, Mid-Board and Panel Optics, Precision RF, Flexible Stacking, and Micro/Rugged components and cables. Samtec Technology Centers are dedicated to developing and advancing technologies, strategies and products to optimize both the performance and cost of a system from the bare die to an interface 100 meters away, and all interconnect points in between. With 40+ international locations and products sold in more than 125 different countries, Samtec’s global presence enables its unmatched customer service.
Summary/Objective: As a PCB project coordinator and vendor technical liaison, you are the primary point of contact for PCB projects. You have excellent technical aptitude, communication, team engagement and organizational skills. You are energetic, motivated, and service centered; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adjust to changing priorities easily.
The ideal candidate will have been directly employed at a major PCB fab facility including working with customers and the manufacturing floor to coordinate PCB builds and improvements based on electrical, mechanical and process requirements. PCB design experience using Cadence Allegro is also desired.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Manage, track and report progress for PCB projects.
- Develop metrics for process health, identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Manage existing PCB fab house relationships and qualify new fabs as needed.
- Function as technical liaison between PCB design, layout, and fabrication.
- Attend design reviews and provide input as needed.
- Maintain project and process collateral in accordance with configuration management practices.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.”
- 10+ years related work experience.
- Understanding of advanced PCB design & fabrication process.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to communicate technical information at various levels of detail based on the audience.
- Understanding of transmission line theory and high-speed digital design desired.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / STEM field or relevant experience.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.