Electrical Controls Engineer
Founded in 1976, Samtec is a privately held, $700 million global manufacturer of a broad line of electronic interconnect solutions. What drives us at Samtec is the knowledge that our products enable engineers to create great things. When we innovate electronics capable of moving signals at faster speeds, smaller footprints, and higher densities, we know that we’re providing designers access to the technologies that they need to do the jobs that impact all of our lives. Whether it’s advanced medical equipment with the ability to save lives, energy efficient products that make our living spaces more comfortable, communications products that bring us together, or any number of other innovations, we feel good about our part in making those things possible. With 33 locations in 18 different countries, Samtec’s global presence enables its unmatched customer service.
Summary/Objective: Design, purchase, program, build and troubleshoot electrical and pneumatic controls systems for automated machines.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Specify and purchase electrical and pneumatic control component.
- Lead design group to develop electrical schematics for machines.
- Programming of Motion Controllers, PLC’s, operator interfaces, and servo drives.
- Startup, debug, and qualify automated machines.
- Develop and manage electrical projects, upgrades, etc.
- 1-5 years programming experience of automated machines and control systems.
- Operational knowledge of control relays, pneumatic solenoids, pneumatic controls, motion controllers, servomotors, stepper motors, etc.
- Motion Controller programming experience (Trio Motion Controller preferred).
- Operator Interface programming experience (Red Lion preferred).
- PLC programming experience (Automation Direct preferred).
- Ability to read and write in structured text programming language (i.e. C++, Basic, etc.).
- Knowledge of PID loop control.
- AutoCAD or equivalent experience preferred.
- BSEE or BSEET Bachelor’s Degree.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.