Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Daily responsibility include sustaining the intended function of all production tooling and machine by taking recovery actions to debug, repair and implement corrective remedy. And perform timely periodic maintenance.
- To perform setup and conversion on production equipment and tooling to meet product specification stated in the drawing (print) and according to guideline document.
- To maintain inventory of production tooling & machine including those outside factory premises which are under Samtec Penang account. Example, equipment sends for external calibration or repair.
- Ensure all tooling and machine is up to date states for ISO reference or audit.
- Maintain and replenish inventory of spare parts for tooling and machine.
- To co-ordinate and update status of tooling & machine repair and improvement upgrade.
- To perform and report status of PM for tooling and machine according to guideline document.
- To support Solution Centre in troubleshooting tasks for production tooling or machine failure.
- To liaise with other Samtec’s facilities on transfer of tooling & machine. Including product and new project that were transferred to Samtec Penang.
- Identify, recommend, and implement improvements activities for tooling and machine.
- Where & when required, perform simple milling and grinding tasks per approved tooling ECN.
- Other relevant tooling and machine function as requested by Management.
- Any other related tasks and duties as assigned by management from time to time.
- Adheres to all Samtec Quality Principles and actions.
- At least 3 years in related / similar position.
- Basic knowledge on pneumatics and electronics control mechanism.
- Able to read and understand pneumatics and electronics schematics diagram.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Certificate/Diploma in Mechanical engineering or Mechatronics or related technical or equivalent experience.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.