Job title: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Responsible for management, supervision and development of production associates to achieve the organization objectives such as safety, quality, delivery, cost, ROCK and strategic focuses. Has a complete working knowledge of the operation of all machines, tooling, procedures, and processes related to the section/ department. Understands and applies at all times company policies with regards to customer service and associates. Develops and maintains a spirit of teamwork and empowerment among associates.
- Responsible to manage, lead and supervise a team to achieve the organization objectives.
- Be the area owner and accountable for the area/section performance metric such as safety, quality, delivery, cost, ROCK (Remove, Organize, Clean, Keep), etc.
- Ensure the production team is clearly communicated with company policies, EHS (Environment, Health and Safety) and quality regulatory requirements and comply with it at all time.
- Provide proper training (Plating Work, Molding Work, Stamping Work, HDR Work, Automation Work, SME Work, Optic Work etc) to the associates and ensure they are certified to perform their job with the tools provided according to the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) / WI (Work Instruction).
- Conduct regular 1:1 meeting, weekly stand up meeting with the associate as part of communication to provide/receive update, feedback and discuss about personal development and calibrate on expectation.
- Ensure a safe working environment for associates with enforcement on PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) compliance and LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out) application.
- Ensure product is produced according to the print in order to meet the industry standards and customer expectations for quality.
- Proactively look into quality improvement to ensure OD and PPM meet the corporate target.
- Contain and investigate any quality issue timely (together with MQS/technician etc) in order to minimize the cost impact and escapee to customer.
- Responsible to support, work with and ensure OSS schedule the order according to the due date and batching opportunity, confirm material availability to deliver the order to customer timely.
- Work with OSS to manage the expedite system, rescheduling code and realistic date.
- Manage the machine capacity and people capacity (this include the associate work schedule like OT, time off, vacation etc) with alignment to the order schedule.
- Ensure orders are executed according to Samtec Golden Rule.
- Responsible for overall cost performance in your cost center. Manage the Over Time according to business requirement, drive for scrap and productivity improvement to reduce cost.
- Communicate to Techs on priority and engage them in troubleshooting defective tooling that may cause efficiency or quality concern.
- Walk the line frequently to know what is happening in the line and able to address the issue timely with the team.
- Monitor and review metric regularly and responsible to initiate, implement and work closely with relevant party to drive continuous improvement.
- To stop production of non-conforming products.
The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.
- Strong in data analysis and is data driven.
- Experience with Process knowledge for related area.
- Excellent problem solving, investigation skills, detail orientation.
- People management and leadership skills.
- Understand manufacturing concept, experience in lean and six sigma is preferred.
- Must possess good communication skills – written and verbal.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Software (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access)
- Team player and must be able to work with multiple groups of people – Operators, Floor Mgr.’s, Engineers, etc.
- Diploma with minimum 3 years working experience in manufacturing area/ related technical or equivalent experience.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.