Waste Water Treatment Operation Technician
Job title: WASTE WATER TREATMENT OPERATION TECHNICIAN
Summary/Objective: To maintain and control the wastewater treatment system to ensure environmental compliance with all local, state, and federal laws without major interruptions.
- Ensure the efficient and optimum operations of the industrial effluent and reverse osmosis water treatment system.
- To respond and conduct industrial effluent treatment process control and monitoring effectively and efficiently and suggest any improvement.
- To conduct periodic checks and routine inspection to treatment processes according to the system recommendation and checklist.
- To troubleshoot treatment processes failure promptly. Under urgent cases, the person shall be required to work outside normal hours.
- To conduct regeneration to ion exchanger package of water treatment as per standard procedure to ensure resin in the vessel completely regeneration.
- To conduct backwash to multimedia filter and activated carbon filter as per standard procedure to ensure the media and carbon in the vessel completely backwash.
- Monitor and perform day-to-day treatment system operation with SCADA and site data logging.
- Ensure all treatment processes operating and perform as per operation need, cost effectively, safely and efficiently.
- Report treatment processes performance and monitor the sequence of operation in accordance with the approved treatment process control specification.
- Ensure the work is performed in accordance with the specifications and approved procedures.
- To conduct COD, SS, turbidity, pH, nickel test at in house lab. To conduct jar test and pilot column test at in house lab as and when required.
- To conduct filter clothes cleaning when required.
- To comply with all company policies, procedure and standards.
- To perform related duties as directed.
- To manage the biological pond condition.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- Minimum 3 year experiences in industrial effluent treatment system operation consist of chemical treatment package, ion exchanger package, multimedia filtration system, activated carbon filtration system and dewatering system (filter press & decanter).
- Minimum 3 year experiences in reverse osmosis water system operation consist of multimedia filtration system, activated carbon filtration system, double pass RO system, and ion exchanger package.
- Experience in DOE Std.A final effluent discharge industrial effluent treatment system is preferred.
- Experience in ion exchanger regeneration with acid sulfuric and hydrochloric acid for weak acid cation resin and strong acid cation resin is preferred.
- Experience in operation of industrial effluent treatment system control by SCADA is preferred.
- Experience in membrane cleaning and resin replacement is preferred.
- High school, Certificate/Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical or others engineering is preferred.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.