Manufacturing Production Operator (NRTG)
Job title: NR-TG Operator
This is a 6 month contract position with intent to hire. Full time offer will be contingent on performance and business need.
Hours: 12 Hr 3rd shift, Either Sun-Tues or Wed- Fri, 6p-6a
Summary/Objective: Assembly of new and complex products that are engineering first time builds before the product hits mass production.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Performs tasks of varying complexity, which includes, but is not limited to inspecting, reworking, testing, hand fill assembly, automation machine assembly, and pin processing.
- Assembles parts to extremely tight tolerances using new materials, procedures and technologies.
- Reads and deciphers assembly prints and work instructions.
- Knowledge of computer systems, and the ability to learn Samtec applications and systems.
- The ability to use Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Retains knowledge of IPC and workmanship standards that pertain to the product.
- The ability to multitask and work on a variety of projects at the same time.
- Responsible for light maintenance of equipment and for maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Exercises necessary caution when handling hazardous materials.
- Any other job-related functions as requested by management.
*The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities. *
- Patience with new and tedious processes
- Creative mind to suggest ideas for improved processes and tooling
- Steady hands, good eyesight
- Good hand-to-eye coordination
- Ability to read blueprints
- Attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills, such as email
- Functions well in a team environment
- Able to sit for an extended period of time
- Able to stand for an extended period of time
- Able to lift 50 lbs. over head
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- On the job training as appropriate.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.