F,S,S 5A-5P - *Machine Operator Extrusion
Samtec is looking for a machine operator - extrusion for our Wilsonville, OR cable plant. The available shift is: Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Samtec pays competitive wages and bonuses! The associate will train on a different shift/schedule (TBD) for a few weeks/months prior to transferring to the regular schedule. Flexibility is important.
The Extrusion Operator will provide general and machine-based manufacturing capability in the areas where training has been received at Samtec High Speed Cable Facility. The position would require the highest quality production standards with the lowest cost and highest on-time delivery possible. The individual would have a pleasant and professional working demeanor, exhibit a responsive manner toward authority and direction, and be able to work in a clean work environment.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Know, understand, and follow all safety procedures and notify the supervisor if unable to do so.
- Set up and run extruder jobs.
- Enter Maintenance Requests when issues are identified.
- This person should be able to stand and walk for 12 hours. Lift up 40 lbs.
- Work with high temperature machine/parts up to 1000˚F.
- Manage job inventory per established methods and procedures.
- Follow the approved processes documents, such as:
- Machine manufacturing
- Resin type and color mix
- Extruder running temperatures
- Line speed
- Line peripheral settings
- Reel quantities
- Recipe used for cable measurements
- Product usage and inventory issues
- Other special instructions
- Complete and maintain the required paperwork
- Keep area clean and organized (tools and tooling in designed bin), floor swept, and garbage emptied
The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.
- Must be able to read and understand job specifications, schematics, shop orders, read prints, operating instructions, perform basic math calculations, basic statistics interpretation, identify basic functional problems, take corrective action, and interface with supervisors and engineers to solve problems.
- Good computer entry skills with attention to detail.
- Good manual dexterity
- Experience with cable manufacturing processes is a plus.
High school diploma or GED
Technical degree is a plus
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.