Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Founded in 1976, Samtec is a privately held, $800 million global manufacturer of a broad line of electronic interconnect solutions. What drives us at Samtec is the knowledge that our products enable engineers to create great things. When we innovate electronics capable of moving signals at faster speeds, smaller footprints, and higher densities, we know that we’re providing designers access to the technologies that they need to do the jobs that impact all our lives. Whether it’s advanced medical equipment with the ability to save lives, energy-efficient products that make our living spaces more comfortable, communication products that bring us together, or any number of other innovations, we feel good about our part in making those things possible. With 40 locations in 20 countries, Samtec’s global presence enables its unmatched customer service.
Summary / Objective
This position will report to the Product Manager for the team assigned. The team consists of a Product Manager, Product Owner, Tech Lead, UX Designer, Software Engineers and possibly a Quality Assurance Specialist.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the assigned domain product portfolio and contributes to product features design, planning and development.
- Collaborates with Tech Lead on implementation of technical designs developed using the architectural framework.
- Works with assigned development team developing features utilizing best development practices and methods; provides code review, code guidance, and other technical assistance to ensure that implementation conforms to approved architectural design and department standards.
- Support implementation of process enhancements and development standards defined by the Architecture Team.
- Collaborate with other teams on projects to improve the overall software architecture, products and development process.
- Works with Product Owners and the development team in estimating and planning initiatives, and other related software engineering practices.
The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar roles or jobs.
- Persistent data stores (relational, document, key/value) e.g. MongoDB, Microsoft SQL Server, DynamoDB, and Elasticsearch
- Modern software development languages e.g. C#, Typescript, Rust and Go
- Web application frameworks such as Angular or React
- Patterns and strategies for scalable logging, exception handling, and exception reporting
- Asynchronous messaging patterns
- Developing public cloud-ready applications
- Migration of on-premise applications to the cloud
- API management strategies and techniques
- Application monitoring patterns and solutions e.g. CloudWatch, Prometheus, and Grafana
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- On the job training as appropriate.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.