Job title: PLATING ASSOCIATE
Summary/Objective: To operate high-speed, reel-to-reel plating equipment to produce the highest achievable quality, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Set up and operate plating machines to coat metal products with gold, nickel, matte tin, or other metals.
- Read blueprints and manufacture parts accordingly.
- Ensure quality standards are achieved and maintained on all products produced.
- Ensure efficiency standards are achieved with minimum scrap.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- Ability to think critically, pay close attention to detail, and troubleshoot.
- Ability to work in a team setting and have a flexible mindset.
- Possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Lifting Requirements: Medium Work – Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds (23 kg).
- Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions: Exposure to noise (required to wear protective gear), exposure to chemicals (required to wear safety glasses and other protective gear).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience in electroplating preferred.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.