Operational Support Staff (OSS)
The Order Support Staff (OSS) position must be performed by a detailed person who can coordinate and communicate to cross functional / section, upstream and downstream production work center to manage the order flow until customer delivery.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities.
- Review the open order regularly, manage and prioritize it according to Samtec Golden Rule.
- Schedule and plan the order by using Schedule Dashboard or any other equivalent tool to meet the MDD (Manufacturing Due Date) by ensuring the material, people and machine capacity availability.
- Look for the opportunity to batch the order to have minimum change over without compromising due date.
- Communicate and coordinate with night shift supervisor to ensure smooth execution according to the plan.
- Monitor, manage and follow through (physically locate) the orders to ensure it flows through the processes and is on track to meet the MDD. Proactively work with relevant party to address the potential issue to avoid any Past Due.
- Report back to Supervisor timely when foresee or there is any risk that may miss the order.
- Follow up with material planner or upstream process on material requirement for orders.
- Drive OTD improvement to achieve the target by working with relevant party to close the gap like material availability, machine downtime, insufficient lead time etc.
- Ensure correct reschedule code is entered together with realistic date for any order that past due and this need to be done timely.
- Responsible to inform appropriate departments especially the downstream process / work center of orders that deviate from schedule so that opportunities of recovery can be explored.
- Utilize reports to proactively manage large orders (example Daily Order Report and Pocket Report) to meet the MDD.
- Be the back-up Supervisor during the absence of supervisor.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- Experience with Process knowledge for related area is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in manufacturing area is preferred.
- Proficient with Samtec Global Network (SGN), Shop Floor Control, PC Man, Inventory Suite, Pocket Database etc.
- Excellent problem solving, investigation skills, detail orientation
- Must possess good communication skills – written and verbal.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Software (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access)
- Team player and must be able to work with multiple groups of people – Operators, Floor Mgr.’s, Engineers, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- College education is preferred (not mandatory).
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.