Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Generate new techniques and methods in modeling, design, and measurement and recommend changes in designs or technical procedures.
- Participate in multifunctional team(s) per the priorities set by engineering management.
- Perform empirical and analytical RF evaluations of products, provide input to design, create electrical product models and generate
- Work in laboratory environment to validate design and correlate measurement with simulations using VNA, TDR, Oscilloscope or other related equipment
- Design of PCB including construction, coax, microstrip, stripline and transition
- Analyze variation dependence and parametric optimization.
- Enter and maintain project data within the Samtec Project Tracking System (PTS)
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- 5+ Years’ Experience designing and developing high speed, RF, and microwave products.
- Knowledge of RF interconnects, and passive microwave circuits such as filters, couplers, splitters and baluns,
- Understanding of EM field and transmission line theories and how they apply to design.
- Use of commercial 3D field solvers (HFSS) to study electromagnetic effects.
- Use of commercial circuit design software such as ADS or Microwave Office
- Familiarity with high volume manufacturing methods & processes is required.
- Familiarity with PCB and thin-film manufacturing techniques
- Must have a proven track record of successful design.
- Effectively communicate with multidisciplinary engineering groups & members of management.
- Must be able handle multiple projects simultaneously as priorities can change very quickly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or related.
- On the job training as appropriate.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.