Job Title: Plating Operator
Shift: Sun- Tues or Wed- Fri , 5:45p-6a
This is a 6 month contract position with intent to hire. Full time offer will be contingent on performance and business need.
Summary/Objective: To operate reel-to-reel or barrel plating equipment to produce the highest achievable quantity with a high degree of accuracy.
- Set up and operate plating machines to coat metal products with gold, nickel, matte tin, or other metal to protect or product surfaces.
- Immerse workpieces in liquid metal for specified times.
- Knowledge of how to read assembly drawings and manufacture parts accordingly.
- Ability to think critically and pay close attention to detail. Strong organizational skills.
*The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.*
- At least One Year experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Experience working around or with chemicals is preferred.
- Attention to detail and Organizational skills are required.
- Lifting Requirements: Medium Work – Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions: Exposure to noise (required to wear protective gear), exposure to chemicals (required to wear safety glasses and other protective gear).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- On the job training as appropriate.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic orign, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.