Electrical Controls Engineering Technician
Shift: M-F, 8 Hours a day
Summary/Objective: Serve the Plating Department by programming, building, and troubleshooting electrical and control systems.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Support global Plating Operations with a high level of integrity with the electrical controls needs.
- Troubleshoot, repair, or replace electrical components and perform required electrical preventive maintenance and updates.
- Lead all electrical/controls projects in the Plating Facility.
- Maintain electrical schematics.
- Work with/ lead contractors for large projects.
- Programming of HMI’s and PLC’s.
- The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.
- Additional requirements for this position may be needed based on the facility in which this is located.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- 7 Years’ Experience installing and/or troubleshooting Industrial Controls and electrical systems.
- PLC Programming troubleshooting experience is required.
- HMI programming experience required.
- VFD installation and programming experience is required.
- Servo motor programming experience is required.
- Must be willing to work in a chemical environment.
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time to perform job duties.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- 4-Year Electrical Apprenticeship or equivalent training is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Electrical Engineering Technician (BSEET) is desired.