Job Title: AUTOMATION OPERATOR
Shift: Mon-Tues OR Wed- Fri., 6p-6a
This is a 6 month contract position with intent to hire. Full time offer will be contingent on performance and business need.
Summary/Objective: To operate automated machines to produce components/assemblies with the highest level of quality, while meeting target productivity standards. Has a complete working knowledge of the operation of machines, measuring devices, tooling, and safety requirements within the assigned area.
- Understand and abide by all safety/compliance standards set by the assigned area/Samtec.
- Interpretation of blueprint drawings, to build product to the required specifications.
- Ability to use all required measuring devices pertaining to the given process.
- Meet/exceed established productivity goals set by the assigned area.
- Learn and sustain knowledge of all potential quality issues. Work with an attention to detail to ensure all products meet quality standards.
- Perform buddy checks to confirm team member’s work meets specifications.
- Complete production paperwork and ITS data collection entries, per the required frequencies.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Basic use of tools to setup and change required tooling.
The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.
- At least One Year experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Must be detailed oriented
- Lifting Requirements: Light work – Must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently, from floor to waist. Must be capable of standing and/or sitting for more than 180 minutes straight, and not suffering from any sensory deprivation and/or paralysis of the limbs.
- Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions: Must adhere to all department safety rules and regulations.
Preferred Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
- On the job training as appropriate.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.