Job title: TRAFFIC CLERK
Shift: Mon-Fri, 12:30pm-9pm
This is a 6 month contract position with intent to hire. Full time offer will be contingent on performance and business need.
Summary/Objective: Receive, pack and process production orders properly and prepare them for export by complying with the different specifications of each package and following the guidelines of the customers.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Prepack: Verify, count and pack orders properly and prepare them for export.
- Staging: Scanning of prepacks on designated shelves using the Traffic Suite program.
- Picking: Collection of the orders by means of sessions in the Traffic suite for the consolidation process (multiple lines of the same client in a single shipment).
- Boxing / Billing: Process orders World Direct being responsible for operating Carrier systems (UPS, DHL and FedEx)
- Any other function required by the Supervisor or Traffic Manager.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. from floor to waist.
- Must be able to stand for at least two hours at a time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- On the job training as appropriate.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.