Job title: PLATING PROCESS SCIENTIST – MATERIALS INNOVATION GROUP
The Plating Process Scientist is responsible for research and development related to electrochemistry, plating, and advanced materials characterization, working closely with the Materials Innovation Group and Plating Process Engineering.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities.
1. Design and execute experiments related to novel materials and manufacturing processes in electrochemical deposition.
2. Characterize deposited microstructures and coordinate external analytical laboratory projects and efforts.
3. Execute laboratory projects for the New Ventures Group and the Plating Process Engineering Teams.
4. Support the research and development and implementation of new materials and technologies, and the troubleshooting of plating quality issues.
5. Working with chemical and equipment suppliers to introduce new plating processes and analysis methods.
6. Maintain lab procedure documents, ensuring they are updated, meeting all requirements for safety and environmental standards.
7. The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.
Required Experience and Education
1. Master’s Degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other relevant Technical or Science related Degree with a minimum of 5 years of laboratory experience in chemical and/or electroplating environments.
2. Or, Ph.D. Degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other relevant Technical or Science related Degree with a minimum of 2 years of laboratory experience in chemical and/or electroplating environments.
3. Scanning electron microscope, x-ray diffraction, elemental and chemical spectroscopic experience.
4. Essential functions of the job include the ability to stand, lift, and walk on a continual basis.
5. Must be willing to work in a chemical environment.
6. Must be a self-starter with strong teamwork skills
7. Must be able to work independently and learn quickly
8. Good communication skills both written and verbal
Preferred Experience and Education
1. Training in Lean manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, Statistical Process Control, and Six Sigma
2. Experience in the operation and maintenance of analytical equipment.
3. Experience can supplement or replace educational preferences/requirements