Job title: PLATING ASSOCIATE
Summary/Objective: To operate high-speed, reel-to-reel plating equipment to produce the highest achievable quality, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Set up and operate plating machines to coat metal products with gold, nickel, matte tin, or other metals.
- Read blueprints and manufacture parts accordingly.
- Ensure quality standards are achieved and maintained on all products produced.
- Ensure efficiency standards are achieved with minimum scrap.
- Special projects; as and when instructed by Management on any plant operation issue.
- Adheres to all Samtec Quality Principles and actions
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- Ability to think critically, pay close attention to detail, and troubleshoot.
- Ability to work in a team setting and have a flexible mindset.
- Possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Lifting Requirements: Medium Work – Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds (23 kg).
- Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions: Exposure to noise (required to wear protective gear), exposure to chemicals (required to wear safety glasses and other protective gear).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience in electroplating preferred.